Should I try to get DoBW up and running again?

I know that the group members are rising sky high. But I feel like when a lot of criminals escape from police, they go get a boat and go somewhere were LEOs cant find them. So I think Department of Boating Waterways should be re opened so criminals don’t commit crimes in lakes, were LEOs cant get them, or see them. And the boats should be brought back.

2 Likes

What is the point of DOBW

1 Like

To patrol the areas of waters.

1 Like

LOL what

1 Like

The Department of Boating and Waterways is responsible for all bodies of water within the State of Firestone, and the boats that might cross over them. They take care of boat regulation, jurisdiction, and incidents that may occur on Firestone bodies of water.

1 Like

You realize DoBW has no authoritative power on the water of the State of Firestone, right?

I’ll put it like this:
DOBW is like the government of water.
Coast Guard is like the police of water.
MD is like the DoC of water.
SAR is like the SCFD of water.

DoBW cannot patrol water or do anything in regards to criminals. They can’t deal with any major situations on the seas, but rather regulate things such as boating and fishing. The department is useless and has showed no signs of success.

6 Likes

the thing is nobody gets the purpose of dobw and how it works.

1 Like

bring back dobw, brings back my protest

I thought DoBW could make regulations for legal boat areas. Also DoBW should be brought back in the new county. It could serve more of a purpose with Stapleton being an island. So they would a better purpose to make fishing certificates or making locations where board can’t go (example the planned gas rig) without getting fined. Just some of my ideas to bring back DoBW.

2 Likes

Horrible Idea. Sorry but it is, and you are going to single handedly get DOBW back and running. I concur with @Straphos on what he said.

1 Like

DBW is pointless, Coast Guard will maintain and enforce maritime law once they are re-implemented.

1 Like

I feel that it’s dead, and should stay that way.

No one could ever find someone competent enough to lead it. And when they did-they resigned within a week of their confirmation.

So no, leave it like it is. Dead.

2 Likes

Not to mention, the people abolished the department via referendum

1 Like

boating and waterworks’ only accomplishment was making a shit google doc that said “the water is too acidic so don’t swim in it”

aka they’re useless in firestone

1 Like

All DoBW did was start a department war, it was MD+CG VS DoBW and their stupid people thinking that they can arrest people if they can go out of jurisdiction or not follow a stupid policy made by them.

Please don’t bring them back. I like them the way they are: Non existent.