IV. Executive Branch

V. Legislative Branch

VI. Judicial Branch

VII. The Executive Administration

VIII. The Executive Branch Departments

IX. Goals

X. Conclusion

I. Introduction

The worshipped textbook of some politicians is that they’re all talk no action. They create legislation on their own behalfs and only listen when issues are overwhelmingly popular and neglect citizens until the re-election period and farm them for votes and the same process repeats. Another flaw in this textbook is they do not hold corrupt, immature, inactive politicians accountable for their actions. This is part of the reason why Sharkfish82 and Ash1835 are running in this gubernatorial election. Because you will never see this process occurring in their administration. The last thing we want is another politician scrambling to get votes in the next election cycle to try to get another 4 months, reasons like these cause the state to spiral into corruption and less of “for the people.” We run for you and the people and it’s a campaign promise and personal promise that you’ll never have to experience this in our administration.

II. The Candidates

Sharkfish82

I joined the State around the early Version 1 days. Throughout my Firestone career, I have been fortunate to have some of the finest mentors to teach me from the Department of Homeland Security as well as the Legislative branch with key figures such as Rolerain, Virginian, OfficerVideoGame and quite a few others. Through observing their ways and personally being mentored by a few, I have gained experience a few others may be able to experience. With my two terms of being within the House of Representatives under my belt with one of those terms having me serve as Speaker of the House as well as myself fighting off corruption and ensuring the House during my time was the best it could be. Finally, I have presided over the Senate as its President of The Senate with my 1 term of being the Lieutenant Governor. With all this experience within the law-making within the state as well as my leadership experience, I believe I am more than ready to serve as your Governor for the State with my vast knowledge of the laws of the state and how to apply such to the Executive Branch and lead it to a hopeful future.

And without further ado, my resume from me to you:

X 1 Lieutenant Governor and President of the Senate

X 2 Representative

X 1 Speaker of the House

X 1 Federal Protective Service Captain, Sergeant, and Officer

X 1 Secret Service Agent

Ash1835

I’d say a fair amount of people know what I stand for and who I am. I’ve been in the State of Firestone since the beginning, and through all that time I held a government position. My career sparked when I got elected to the office of County Executive for the first time where I gained much political and legislature knowledge and went on to serve 2 consecutive terms. But not until I was elected to the House of Representatives I didn’t have a real sense for state government duties. During my long tenure as a Representative, Speaker Virginian_State made me his protégé where he made me the Speaker Pro Tempore and taught me how to preside and how to publish legislature on the state level flawlessly. When Virginian_State exited Firestone Politics and said his farewells I took over the reins and ran an active, successful and classy house. I’ve currently been a bit quieter in the political atmosphere in Firestone lately with a low-level Cabinet job of Department of Boating and Waterways Secretary, in my tenure I’ve created a strong base and made several preparations that are ready to be built into a tremendous department when v3 is released but I don’t want to wait that long and I am ready to shout again and achieve a more distinguished standard few have had. I invite you to give me this opportunity and support the campaign!

If you’re wondering about my resume and past positions, say no more:

x 1 Deputy Chief of Staff

x 2 County Council/Chairman

x 4 County Executive

x 2 Representative

x 1 Speaker of the House

x 2 Department of Boating and Waterways Secretary

III. Leadership in Government

As of the present, the current leadership in the government has lived up to expectations and a fair majority of promises, but it’s not always picture-perfect and there are improvements, things that need to be finished and differences we can offer. Some of the positives of this term’s administration has included the constant improvement of flaws the executive departments have had such as the constant establishment of what shall take priority for LEAs as well as the constant oversight of the executive departments to ensure the departments are able to run at optimal performance as shown with the continuous oversight of the State Patrol to ensure the administration of the agency is running at the desired standards of the Governor. However in the Sharkfish82 and Ash1835 there will be vigorous changes and here are a few things that you can expect, integrity, bipartisanship, activity. Some changes to expect include more brisk decision making on issues within the administration to ensure the executive branch is not dragging on an issue for weeks on end.

IV. Executive Branch

The Executive Branch has had it’s ups and downs this term. This includes the issues of deciding a stable POST administration to ensure POST can run at optimal efficiency to the nominations of new department heads such as Attorney General Skye_Jones to continue to lead the Department of Justice in the right direction. For our administration, we plan to face these executive branch issues head on and ensure these issues are solved properly and in a timely manner. For the majority of our term, we plan to increase oversight on those employed within the executive branch, especially with POST and it’s administration to ensure its effectiveness and prevent the issues that it has struggled with in recent times.

In terms of our cabinet, we plan to utilize them to the fullest extent. We will continue to host bi-weekly cabinet meetings and bi-weekly cabinet reports but we as an administration will use the information gathered from our cabinet to its fullest potential. From the information we collect, we will ensure everything is in line and running smoothly. During these meetings between our cabinet, we also plan to discuss any big issues that may be prevalent in their departments such as poor priority management, improper use of force and so forth and we shall determine the biggest issue across the board and refine those employed under us about said issue.

Transparency is a big issue to us as well for this administration. We believe that the general public should generally know the issues that the executive branch is dealing with and what we are doing to solve said issues. We also believe the public should know what has happened recently with our administration so they are up to date with their elected government.

V. Legislative Branch

Under the direction of Ash1835, the Firestone Senate will be reawakened. The activity, of course, will be the number one priority as it always should be. Strikes will be made sure to be more enforced to keep the activity in check. From what I’ve seen in my time in Firestone and I’m sure many of you have seen, an inactive Senate is inefficient and gets little to no work done, and I don’t think that’s what citizens like to vote for on election day. At the bare-bones minimum, a session will be held once a week or whenever the docket reaches over 5 pieces of proposed legislation. The reason for this is to ensure we can flow out legislation at a steady pace and not have it gridlocked for long periods of time, especially on crucial pieces of legislation. Another important issue that’s come up is the amount of class in the chamber, back when I was presiding over the House of Representatives, every member would dress appropriately for their corresponding position. Currently, there is some unprofessionalism in the chamber where members don’t dress as someone with high authority should, I will make sure this won’t be an issue in my chamber.

VI. Judicial Branch

The Judicial Branch in the State of Firestone has always been stable, however it’s been understaffed for most of Firestone. In the constitution it states that there needs to be 6 Associate Justices, 2 Appeals Justices and 4 District Judges. These have never been filled to its maximum capacity and we’re not going to make that promise that it will be fulfilled and if any other candidate told you this will be filled, they’re lying to you because the logistics don’t add up there isn’t enough people qualified or interested. Instead in the Legislature Ash1835 will work with Senators and the Judicial Branch to propose and amendment to lower or remove this requirement(s) stated in Section III, Article I Judicial Operations. This won’t be the only thing that will be done in this term for the Judicial Branch, another important issue is nominations for these available positions, as we’ve said it’s logistically impossible to fill these positions but it’s indeed possible to at least get the Judicial Branch a bit more staffed with proposed nominations.

VII. The Executive Administration

• Governor Sharkfish82
  • Lieutenant Governor Ash1835
  • Chief of Staff bribri2173
  • Secretary color_parrots, Firestone Department of Homeland Security
  • Colonel Code_Law, Firestone State Patrol
  • Major General Hobo_bear, Firestone National Guard
  • Secretary Slinkising, Firestone Department of Transportation
  • Attorney General Skye_Jones, Firestone Department of Justice
  • Warden KensterVids, Firestone Department of Corrections
  • Secretary AlbusSkywalker, Firestone Department of Commerce
  • Secretary Ftlicious, Firestone Department of Public Safety
  • Secretary j0805, Firestone Department of Public Works
  • Secretary Champ101490, Firestone Department of Health
  • Secretary Cenosity, Firestone Department of State
  • Secretary iLordOfAviation, Firestone Department of Aviation
  • Director B_ear, Firestone Peace Officer Standards & Training

At the moment, the Department of Boating and Waterways & the Department of Parks and Recreation secretaries have yet to be decided on.

VIII. The Executive Branch Departments

Firestone National Guard - The National Guard has been working very well under its current Major General, Hobo_bear. He continues to run the National Guard at optimal proficiency, maintaining the image of our guard being a force to be reckoned with. However, I do see a few concerns in terms of activity within the guard, especially with the main fighting force of the guard, the 3rd Infantry Regiment. However, I believe that the newest class of FITE graduates and the Major General’s efforts to improve the status of the 3rd Infantry Regiment will fix this issue in due time. Overall, I am more than happy with the operations of the National Guard and I look forward to their continual improvement and having them as our national defence.

Firestone State Patrol - The State Patrol has been a bumpy road in recent times. It has struggled to find that “perfect” leader that can truly take advantage of the potential of the State Patrol. Most recently, the newest Colonel to be nominated into the position is Code_Law. Before this, the State Patrol’s employee count had been dropping at a steady rate and it wasn’t looking the best. However, ever since Code_Law’s nomination, I have seen steady improvement with it’s policies as well as the focus on improvement with constant messages of how you should prioritize, what to do in certain tactical situations and so forth. With the recent benchmark of 100 members within the group again, I believe the department is on a good track and I believe with continual oversight of the department, I think the State Patrol has a bright future ahead of it.

Firestone Department of Homeland Security - The Department of Homeland Security has been running well under its newest Secretary Colorful_parrots. Ever since his nomination, I have seen an increased involvement by the Secretary and his administration compared to the past term. Though I do observe the occasional issues with each division respectful, issues are usually resolved swiftly especially with a recent change of CRT command to improve the division leadership. Overall, I don’t have the biggest concerns about the department other than continuing oversight over it and I believe it will continue to run at great capacity under Colorful_parrots this following term.

Firestone Department of Corrections - The Department of Corrections has continued to run proficiently under its new Warden, KensterVids. It’s activity is more than acceptable and with events being hosted every so often involving the Correctional staff, it stays connected with the general public of Firestone. Overall, I am pleased with the department’s operations and I hope to see it continue to keep themselves involved with the public and running smoothly.

Firestone Department of Justice - The Department of Justice has continued to run at amazing proficiency, with the predecessor of the former Attorney General, Skye_Jones following in the great legacy of jefrafra and continuing operations just like before. I am more than happy with their operations and hopefully it will stay that way this coming term.

Firestone Department of Public Safety - The Department of Public Safety has been conducting itself well under its current Secretary Ftlicious. Most investigations that have been conducted this term were done properly and currently, I don’t see any major issues within the Department other than the speed of some of the investigations they conduct. I hope to see it continue to conduct itself with good efficiency this coming term and that it will continue proper oversight over the departments within its jurisdiction.

Firestone Department of State - Generally, I believe the Department of State can improve in terms of activity. Granted, the Department doesn’t have many states/nations to have relations with at the moment, I believe with the idea of once again beginning talks with Mayflower will help with this issue and I hope to see the Department of State conduct these relations proficiently under our administration’s oversight.

Firestone Peace Officer Standards & Training - The Academy has been through some rough patches this term. It has had difficulty finding a director to lead the administration of POST properly. During this next term, I plan to have a lot of oversight over the academy to ensure it can finally get on its feet after so long. We must establish a skilled administration for the academy and hopefully work with the POST Director nominee B_ear to achieve this. With hard work and focus, we can bring this academy to a new era of efficiency and allow it to produce a new generation of cadets.

Firestone Department of Public Works - The Department of Public Works is doing well under current Secretary j0805. The activity of the department is great to see and currently, I have no major concerns with the department.

Firestone Department of Transportation - The Department of Transportation is doing great under Secretary Slinkising. Especially with the recent major road construction event, activity is exceptional. I am very happy with the current leadership and I hope to keep like this for the next term.

Firestone Department of Aviation - The current Secretary of the Department of Aviation, iLordOfAviation, has done well for the long tenure he has had within the department. I hope to see more activities begin for the department once airlines are hopefully added and I would be sure to oversee the department properly regulate this.

Firestone Department of Boating and Waterway - The Department of Boating and Waterways under Secretary Ash1835 has done the best of its ability in terms of activity and organization due to the lack of civilian boats and such. However, this will hopefully change soon with v3 and the reintroduction of civilian boats and such at a major scale. This will hopefully jumpstart DOBW again and allow it to perform its tasks well in the near future.

IX. Goals

• Amendments to the “An Act to Establish General Rules of Procedure in the State Courts”

Although the general idea of the act is reasonable, we’d like some amendments to be implemented to make the system more fair and balanced, including working with both chambers and the Judicial Branch.

• Improved + Closer Ties with County Government

State and County relations have always been tense, but with Ash1835 in the ring and his experience with the County Government should ease tensions and conflicts and we want the County to be set up properly for v3 by working with them alongside.

• Constant lookout for Judicial Branch Nominees

As we’ve said it’s logistically impossible for all positions to be filled but we can amend that requirement in the constitution and propose a few nominees to ensure the Judicial Branch gets the most respect from the government as possible.

• Maintaining Cabinet Meetings

To ensure the highest quality and potential in the Firestone departments, there will be cabinet meetings bi-weekly, alongside cabinet reports to ensure quality control in departments. These will be open to the public to ensure transparency.

• Maintaining Cabinet Activity and Efficiency

As leaders of their respective departments, we must ensure that each cabinet member is at a proper level of activity and that they are efficient in leading their departments to ensure departments can have proper leadership and run at a proficient level.

• Steady Press Releases and Media Updates

We shall be sure to keep you all updated on any major complications or any big actions we make during the term. We are more than obligated to remain transparent and make sure the general public is informed by the leaders of the government.

• Conducting foreign engagements

With talk of engaging with new or known foreign powers, we need to do it right but leave most of it to the Department of State, and if agreements are met we need to make sure it benefits both parties fairly. This is especially important with talks opening possibly opening up once more with Mayflower.

• Hosting public events more regularly

It is important to keep the citizens involved with the government and the people who serve for this. With public events, it can give the citizens a look into the work environment of an agency and overall increases the engagement of the general public within the state.

• Properly establishing the Firestone Department of Parks and Recreation

With the recent introduction of the department by the Founder, I hope to work alongside congress as we work to establish the department by law and choose the right administration to allow the department to start off on the right track.

• Continuation of ensuring department quality

As a main goal this term, it is important that we ensure departments are staying professional, and that they can perform their duties correctly and efficiently. With oversight, direction, and proper leadership, this is more than possible.

X. Conclusion

In the end, we always want to be there for the citizens and our supporters. We don’t want to make things any more complicated and we want to try to simplify things so that you’re on easy street for understanding what’s happening in your government. We have very bold plans because we still believe in change and hope and that torch will always be lit. Sharkfish82 and Ash1835 aren’t your everyday politicians and they’ll always fight for you. We want to work with everyone to ensure the State of Firestone runs at its fullest potential, with all the fuel it needs to thrive. We appreciate the time you’ve invested to read our speech and we hope we’ve earned your support all the way to the polls on election day.

Signed,

Sharkfish82

Gubernatorial Candidate for Governor

Ash1835

Gubernatorial Candidate for Lieutenant Governor

14 Likes

Support

3 Likes

endorse because my lesbian lover emote didnt win the lesbian vote

7 Likes

Support :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

I endorse thus campaign.

NotFoundDev.

4 Likes

Support, Longtime friend and I would trust him as the Governor of Firestone, He has served the County Government well, and the State well as numerous posts in the legislature but has has his duties shrunken by given the post of Secretary of DOBW. Keep up the good work!

5 Likes

suppppppppppport

4 Likes

support

4 Likes

A thing to add as it says to in the election forum, we are independent with a conservative agenda.

Also, our campaign discord will be released in a matter of time.

5 Likes

On behalf of the Jefrafra and Skye_Jones campaign, we wish you the best of luck!

2 Likes

These ideas seem like the same exact ones stated in me/shark’s 2019-2 election speech.

A lot of what I’m seeing in this speech is what I’ve seen off every speech, each candidate has been using the same keywords to draw everyone’s attention. Transparency, oversight, reform

For the time-being, I will not be endorsing, but I wish these two candidates good luck in this election.

3 Likes

Mega Support

3 Likes

Support.

3 Likes

Support.

3 Likes

Support, honestly you guys both deserve this. Goodluck. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

SUPPORT!!

4 Likes

Because at the point we are at, that is a main goal we must continue to push for. Gone are the days of focusing on establishment of departments (for the most parts) and such and it is now much more focused on maintaining the integrity of said departments and ensuring they don’t fall in on themselves.

I do understand your comment on generic terms and such and I appreciate the concern but again, it is something we must continue to focus on.

5 Likes

support
my pfc is all grown up

lieutenant fighting

3 Likes

support because me and @Ash1835 have the same beard

4 Likes

Support, good luck.

3 Likes