IN THE SENATE OF THE STATE OF FIRESTONE
August 4th, 2023
Senate Accountability of Confirmations Resolution
Be it enacted by the Senate of the State of Firestone in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SENATE CONFIRMATION PREREQUISTES
- (a) For any nominations submitted to the Senate for confirmation to be considered by the full body of the Senate, it shall be required that certain perquisites be fulfilled prior to consideration. These perquisites shall be the following outlined:
- a. A background check on the nominee pertaining to their encompassed history of their activity within the State of Firestone, any indicators that alert to potential security risks with the nominee and any subsequent information deemed a necessity to include in said report.
- b. A grace period of 24 hours following the active submittal of the nomination of a nominee.
SECTION 2. SUSPENSION OF THE RESOLUTION
- (a) In situations of extreme circumstance where this resolution could negatively impact the safety and security of the State of Firestone, the Senate shall have the power to override this resolution.
- (b) This may only occur in-session, and such override shall only be in effect for the remainder of the nomination actively being considered while in-session.
- (c) Such override may be presented by any Senator in-session via a motion, which shall be the following:
- a. “Motion to override Senate confirmation rules”
- (d) Such override must be voted on by the Senate and must pass with a 2/3 vote in favor.
- (e) When such an override passes, this prerequisites shall not be required until the nomination has concluded.
SECTION 3. ENACTMENT
(a) This resolution shall go into effect upon the completion of the constitutionally required processes.
SECTION 4. SEVERABILITY
(a) Should any part of this bill be struck down and/or declared unenforceable, then that part shall be severed with the rest remaining in full force and effect unless all is struck down and/or declared unenforceable.
The Right and Hon. sharkfish82, Senator