Scso gate?

you remind me of commissionerCPTN.

you shouldn’t have to be mature on discord.

acting immature on discord doesn’t mean they aren’t doing a good job running the dept

4 Likes

May you clarify how they are being dishonest?

2 Likes

You’re entitled to your opinion, I’m entitled to mine.

3 Likes

The County Government is literal shit and at this point, this is borderline corruption. I call for @Jefrafra and his staff to look into the matter.

7 Likes

Excuse me wtf County Government needs to be foxed instead of SCSO. SCSO is doing absolutely fine and is one of the top department. County Council and the CE are fucking SCSO all the time, cuz that are all some power hungry idiots.

A new leadership wouldn’t just mean removing Noct, a new leadership also includes a new Undersheriff and Major. Especially as the high command works against each other (cough skull)

County government bad and disappointing

2 Likes

I had a feeling SCSOgate was coming out. Not exactly how I pictured it, but I was certain that some of these snakes were going to take part in it anyway.

Skull’s clearly making (rather disappointing) power plays, and the new County idiot Executive’s clearly trying to entertain him. They’re both snakes. Patchy, of course, is ever-starved for attention and is trying to join in on the ploy.

County’s crap, pretty much.

5 Likes

As Firestone has no uniform definition of corruption on the books, I’ll paraphrase from US law, which essentially amounts to “using a position of power for unlawful or unethical personal gain.” From a purely legal standpoint, the SCSO administration isn’t corrupt-this is a fact (at least with the information we have now). People like you who overuse the word corruption has ruined it-and actually encourage it.

4 Likes

Where did I say I encouraged it? lmao

2 Likes

By overusing the word you make it less meaningful, less purposeful. So when there’s actual corruption people care less and can down play it.

3 Likes

I’d argue that Skull’s using his position as County Councilor and as Dino’s friend to gain power in the form of SCSO Leadership. It’s not very ethical.

6 Likes

There is no direct statement that he made towards the CE that he wanted to become sheriff. He only stated that the current one should be removed due to poor performance which can be supported based off the DPS Audit. So no, it doesn’t qualify as corruption

2 Likes

Ethics is a general set of defined rules for a post, nothing to my notice in his job description or regulations prevent this.

2 Likes

@CommissionerRBLX He’s the next in line for sheriff. JamesDeeks isn’t going to ask for the position. Hence, if Noct gets the boot, he’s getting a position of power. Furthermore, if you’d read between the lines like you’re (hopefully) taught to do in Lit class, Skull says he’ll “fix the rest” of SCSO administration once Noc is removed. The only way he’d be in a position to do so is if he were the sheriff. Hence, he’s clearly making a play for sheriff.

@DannyboyJurist Ethics, as I’ve previously discussed with you;

In more concise terms, it’s a set of moral principles – not defined rules. As A Bill to Illegalize the Violation of Judicial Ethics states, the term “unethical” is defined as “an act committed that the average citizen may think of as “wrong” or “inappropriate” for the respective judicial office.”

Obviously, we’re not dealing with judicial offices here – we’re dealing with the County. To my knowledge, there is no law that states that the County Council has to be upright and honest, nor a law that bans County Council from being a nest of snakes and vipers (obviously, if there was such a law, County Council would cease to exist – its whole purpose is to be the most flawed, degenerate form of government in Firestone). However, I am not calling their actions illegal – I am calling them unethical, as these backroom deals are clearly not in the public’s interest and are clearly plays for power.

The evidence speaks for itself. It is inappropriate. It is a conspiracy. It is unethical. Whether or not their jobs directly ban them from conspiring like knaves and thieves is not a matter of ethics, and so while I agree that this is in their power, I will have to disagree on your stance that this is not unethical because I find your definition of ‘ethics’ to be flawed.

It’s always been flawed. I’m sure you’ll remember that I’ve already told you before – it’s “the sort of stuff that stops people from committing all sorts of nonsense in order to bring down a group of people, then pulling a Nixon and hoping for the best.”

4 Likes

The DPS audit results were handled accordingly. The main reason for the DPS audit was SWAT and those members mentioned in said audit were dealt with. Along with inactivity from command staff, these issues have definitely improved. Hence why no further investigation or involvement has been made by DPS.

5 Likes

skull is hungry for ranks

2 Likes

Seems right to me.

2 Likes

Watch the #state-announcements channel of the Firestone Discord.

If you thought this was bad, it’s going to get severely worse.

2 Likes

Y’all don’t even know what Watergate is lmao, and sorry for expressing my opinion, the “xd” part is obviously a joke, prior to that screenshot being taken out of context he said he wanted to remove noc, I never even advised that he just said that so in a hypothetical situation yes, I would help build scso if he were to remove noc, never told him to or asked him.

If I believe SCSO needs new leadership which it does, that’s my opinion, so

Sorry for the confusion, things being taken out of context, in all honesty I will just have no opinion from this point because apparently because no one believes in the 1st.

In order to prevent stupid stuff like this from happening along with Conflict of interest, after this is all done with I will be proposing a bill to not allow SC employees run for SC Government positions but yeah, sorry for exercising the 1st I guess.

3 Likes

10 Likes

‘this is all a coincidence! noct gets kicked out and i get nominated twice, but that’s just a coincidence! of course, neither of those events actually went through in my favor, but who cares? it’s a coincidence! so what if i think noct deserves to be fired? that’s not your business! it’s a coincidence!’

8 Likes