SCFD - Bringing back S&R

I want to see the public’s opinion on this before we present it fully to Mack. Suggestions are always appreciated.

2 Likes

I think its a great idea.

2 Likes

It’s not a matter of “bringing it back”, it already EXISTS - it’s just that Fed decided to remove boats which shutdown CG, MD, and SAR until V3 when they’ll be actually functional. You won’t be getting it anytime soon in V2 (which is something I’ve pushed for when I lead CG), so unfortunately you’ll be waiting till V3, but it will exist.

And to be honest, MD and CG were the only divisions that ever did their job when boats existed for a few months. Being the former CG Commandant, I’ve never seen SAR do their job once (and yes, you guys had the proper boats, uniforms, and group powers to make it work).

5 Likes

That’s why I want to re-boot it and get it off hold. I think it has great potential but it just needs to be executed properly. I also think that the boats don’t matter much because most of the Search and Rescue calls are on land. Boats are pretty much required for water calls. In V3 I think it’ll be necessary to have a helicopter and a boat just because of the huge area and all the water. Thanks for the response.

2 Likes

Support. At the end of the day though it is up to the Developers to see what you get. If you need any legislation, which I don’t think you need, let me know.

2 Likes

Thanks, for now my goal is to just get the division up and running.

2 Likes

WOOOO HELICOPTERS FOR EVERYONE

5 Likes

S&R could work with ASU on certain stuff.

2 Likes

Be careful what you wish for.
Civilians flying helos.
oh god
OH GOD

2 Likes

sir ill have u know i flew helicopters in vietnam
technically im not a civilian im a game moderator
which is even better
so liberal argument logic = invlid kk?

2 Likes

I WANT CIVILIANS FLYING HELIS

4 Likes

We already do work with ASU. However I don’t get it how a Fire Department cant have a medical rescue helicopter but the State Patrol has one. I’d suggest giving the MR one to us, since we are the department that has EMS.

2 Likes

Great Idea.
Fully Supported.
SCFD Paramedic
BritishPolicing1,

2 Likes

Realistically, many departments actually have the state patrol moderate airlifting. Is there a difference anyways? All of MR has certs.

2 Likes

Yes. Realistically big county FD’s have their own helicopter (at least the ones I know). Plus with S&R pilots, they are specially trained. Also if you make the point that FSP pilots can be trained by S&R then that’s stepping into the S&R territory. Plus it’s one helicopter. You guys are the only people who have helicopters and you guys don’t want to give a medical rescue helicopter. Is FSP a medical department?
I don’t think so.

3 Likes

No, however, FSPASU:MR basically does the job of SnR, making it pointless.

2 Likes

That’s why you abolish MR. It has no place belonging to FSP. You guys still have 1 or 2 helis. You guys are in a way killing S&R with MR actually,

2 Likes

And if you are going to make the argument that ASU is your main attraction, and that if an other department gets one it’ll kill you, then thats sad I kinda get it. But lets be real here. MR doesn’t get deployed that often at all. If SCFD gets the helicopter, it wont just be for medivacing. If SCFD can survive a bunch of struggles (especially with members) I bet you can too.

2 Likes

lol y’all crying over a helicopter when you have an entire fleet, when cg is without boats or a helicopter. we can only sit at docks and wait for someone to drown or come up and shoot at us.

3 Likes

MR would be deployed if it actually wasn’t understaffed, but since you need an EMT-B+ it’s hard to find people with them in FSP. /shrug. And do you even know how do get a RPL cert in the first place? Even FSP has trouble getting it as how hard it was.

2 Likes