Redwood | State of Emergency Proclamation

DEPLOY THE GUARD HOOYAH

2 Likes

but redwood always has high crime and violence?
god damn ur new to fs it looks like

4 Likes

cu te

1 Like

Even if he is new he did what people should’ve done months ago…

1 Like

Constitutional?

1 Like

oh okay

1 Like

Questionable.

2 Likes

do a real SoE

1 Like

Yeah uh, sorry but SOEs are only really used during gang threats and other crap, not the usual cop baiter and shooters.

1 Like

I mean, I don’t think it’s illegal for Redwood to declare a state of emergency, but they are still inferior to state law and have no local police or military force, so I have no idea what an SOE actually provides other than criminal satisfaction.

5 Likes

C.IV.I “The Governor shall have the power to declare a State of Emergency during a time of civil unrest, riots, terror attacks, or for any other valid reason justified by the Governor; and so can the Governor remove a State of Emergency, at will. If the Governor is on an absent leave or cannot make the decision, the Lieutenant Governor will be able to declare a State of Emergency by the approval of a Senate supermajority vote (2/3). Though, all power checks towards the Governor regarding State of Emergency in this constitution shall also apply to this scenario.”

Only the Governor has the authority to declare an SOE, stop violating the Constitution or you will not have a government to do so. I will indeed be suing. @Jefrafra

6 Likes

This isnt a SOE cause redwood isn’t a state… this is more like a “town of emergency” or “city of emergency” lol

2 Likes

State of Emergency isn’t referring to the locational state. In this context, it’s state as in condition.

1 Like

Your argument is absolutely terrible. In this case, and as provided in the proclamation, this is a locally declared state of emergency, there is absolutely nothing keeping me from declaring that Redwood is in a STATE of an emergency. Also, if you actually read the proclamation, you can clearly see that this is simply a request for both the County and State government to intervene and support Redwood with handling its high crime and violence rates that it has continuously faced. What you have listed from the constitution notes that the Governor is entitled to the right of declaring that Firestone is in a state of emergency. In your argument, you are claiming that only the Governor has the authority to declare a state of emergency, but this simply isn’t true. Nothing in the section specifically nor coherently states that municipalities and the county government can not openly state that from within their jurisdiction, their area is undergoing a state of an emergency.

1 Like

My question is how is it a SoE without FNG being deployed? This is pretty much just gonna have same effect as usual but probably have few more LEOs in RW.

1 Like

A State of Emergency isn’t defined as just FNG responding to a specific scenario. This document only functions as both a public statement stating that Redwood is currently undergoing a state of emergency and requesting that the county and state government assist our municipality in dealing with the high crime and violence rates that we’re currently facing.

1 Like

I don’t think this prohibits a city from establishing regulations which would allow them to establish their own states of emergency. They just can’t utilize state resources for it. I still think it is useless and incompetent to declare one as a mayor, but not unlawful.

1 Like

“NOW, THEREFORE, I, TimothyConyers, Mayor of the City of Redwood, as result of the above-noted situation, request that Governor CanineEnforcement, and County Executive Kasterix, do hereby take action through necessary force in order to ensure the safety of our residents, and to better our community by also requesting that you take on the initiative of allocating a presence to assist us in stopping the high crime and violence rates within the City of Redwood. “

This is basically a request announcement

2 Likes

There’s nothing in that section that specifically prohibits municipalities from declaring our own state of emergency. Also, (I’m not assuming that you assumed that I am, but…) this document requests the presence and for both the county and state government to intervene, it’s not demanding that they carry through with the order.

I’m not really sure how this makes me incompetent, this is about the only thing that we can do in order to combat the high rates of crime and violence that we face.

1 Like

Soon the solution to high crime causing criminal ————-> 72 hours in DoC