Reduce Time Lights Stay Red

I’m sure most people can agree that in V2 the lights take a very long time to change. It’s only a minor thing really, but it’s annoying being stuck at a red light for ages when there’s no traffic. It would be great if the dev team could reduce the amount of time the lights stay red.

21 Likes

Was just thinking the exact same thing. If you drive legally, you would literally be waiting 5-7 minutes to get from the 401/Prom intersection to the stadium… No wonder people run the lights.

8 Likes

My god please. That one light on RW Blvd at the gas station/50k statute intersection is fucking atrocious, same for the one as you get off the highway at Prom.

11 Likes

quick tip if ur a cop, use ur els to pretend ur responding to a call!

8 Likes

can’t they just make it based off of sensors? so if there’s a car on a certain side and no traffic on the other side, it turns green

6 Likes

inb4 someone says “lag” as to why this can’t be changed

5 Likes

more lag since it changes quicker

6 Likes

Sensors did exist, but they were removed since they literally did cause lag everytime a car drove over a sensor (if any of you recall dropping to 2 FPS? more common as SCFD).

Could reduce stoplight change times in specific non-busy areas

6 Likes

Radical solution, but hear me out… roundabouts.

7 Likes

Nah roundabouts ain’t American, but seriously just replace 90% of the traffic lights with stop signs… as if more than 1 or 2 people pass those traffic lights in an HOUR (i literally have statistical evidence so)

4 Likes

yes do it

3 Likes

who cares, they need to accept that roundabouts work and are better in most cases

2 Likes

1 roundabout could be cool around v2 but this is about realism… it would be unrealistic to explain that there are such things as “yield signs” and “roundabouts” and to put them too much in Firestone

3 Likes

90% of players would not be able to comprehend how to go around a round-about

4 Likes

A good learning opportunity as they’re apparently on the rise over in the States
I don’t get how someone can’t understand how they work but whatever

2 Likes

we are talking about firestone here thek

I agree, we shouldn’t overuse them but I think there are a few problem junctions where they could be used

2 Likes

sir while you are here please fix (prom bus depot)

(not like this has been a bug for 4 years or something but both the conflicting roads get a green light at the same time so just replace the system with a 2-way (instead of 3-way, which is the same for 4-way intersections which should be marked as 2-way in most cases cause it isn’t literally how many intersecting roads there are but rather how many different conflict paths there are and usually there are only 2) using the plugin)

fun fact you can legally run this red light :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah sure they could be nice but I’d rather have a roundabout in v3 (cough there is a perfect place where FS95 and FS98 meet between prom and arbor in v3 which would be perfect for a roundabout cough)

2 Likes

definitely

2 Likes

NO ROUNDABOUT USA USA USA

2 Likes