Re-elect Automationeer for House (2021-1)

FOR A BETTER FIRESTONE

I. INTRODUCTION

Hello. My name is Automationeer (formerly known as ElliottLMz) and I am announcing my candidacy for the House of Representatives in the 2021-1 Elections.

I respect the will of the people and work to increase trust and faith in our democratic system. I will act in the best interests of my constituents and the state.

My priorities in office will be working with businesses, departments, and municipalities to ensure their state provides everything it can for them.

II. HISTORY & QUALIFICATIONS

I joined Firestone in 2016, coming originally from The Robloxian Cops; at the time I was young and and so I did not participate heavily in the community, apart from being in FDOC for a short period.

During lockdown, I returned to Firestone and in the last few months, I have built a strong resume. I am currently the Chairman of Firestone News Network and a Board of Advisors member for the State Department.

Previously, I was a Bar Certified Attorney and worked as the legal counsel for a former business, Bank of Redwood. I also founded Firestone Broadcast News and served as its executive director and chairman until its merger with FNN in September 2020.

I served in the Arborfield City Council and as the Arborfield City Attorney from July 2020 until September 2020. In that time, I worked on key legislation and discussed ideas like creating a ‘criminal code’ for Arborfield. Unfortunately, many of my plans were unfeasible due to the lack of recognition and power municipal governments hold.

I am passionate and enthusiastic about Firestone, determined to see a high level of quality in everything I do. My full resume can be viewed here.

III. AGENDA & PROPOSED LEGISLATION

Since elected to the house in the December 2020 special elections, I have acted on my promise to serve my constituents and to act in the best interests of the state. I have been, and will continue to be, open and accessible to any citizen, and will be willing to help in any way I can, or answer any questions they may have.

I hold and apply the three key values:

• Government Transparency: Governments are elected to serve citizens. As such, they should be as transparent as reasonably possible. Departments should support freedom of information and should boost their community engagement and public accountability. Obviously, some departments need to remain behind closed doors, but most do not.

• Business Support: Businesses are the backbone of our community. It is vital that congress supports them as much as departments and citizens.

• Serving Citizens: I will be open to any suggestions for legislation submitted by Firestone citizens. While I can’t guarantee every suggestion will be made into a bill, or for that matter, passed as law, I will still consider every suggestion.

I have been working on the following projects in my past term, which will come into fruition if re-elected:

• Pay Reform. The law currently doesn’t match the in-game amounts, and this is confusing.

• Other projects. I have been frequently contributing to additional projects in the congress. While I can’t take credit for the constitution project or other ongoing projects, it still shows that I am active within our congress.

I will commence working on the following projects in my next term:

• Criminal code review: The current criminal code is inconsistent, with some misdemeanors having higher fines and jail times than some felonies. I will work with other congresspeople to conduct a collective review of the criminal code numbers, and to update them to reflect what the congress and the public believe is the best way forward.

• Communication and support. I will communicate with and speak to business owners, department heads, and citizens to know that your congress supports you, and to be able to best identify any problems and to best support the state.

IV. CURRENT TERM

Term began: December 2020

Sessions attended: 2/2

Bills written: 1 (total), 1 (retired), 1 (failed), 0 (passed)

V. QUESTIONS

I have an open-door policy. Anyone may DM me on Discord (Elliott#1337) or ask a question under this campaign post. I will respond to answer any questions about my candidacy.

Thank you for taking the time to read my speech. I hope I can count on your support.

4 Likes

Support

5 Likes

Support

4 Likes

Support (this is here cuz

4 Likes

support

5 Likes

Support

5 Likes

support!