Ramming DOT Flatbeds

I don’t know if you agree, but it’s extremely annoying when you’re towing a car and someone rams you off the road. It either results in your truck being flipped, being put off-road, or even being glitched into a lamp post (which has happened many times to me). And if that happens, they you need to respawn, respawn your truck, and head back to where the car was. This is a time which wouldn’t have been wasted if you couldn’t ram DOT trucks.

So I think. You shouldn’t be able to ram DOT trucks. You can’t ram DPW Sweepers. So surely it would be a good idea to make it so DOT Flatbeds can’t be rammed. Even if they only can’t be rammed when they have the warning lights on, as we have the warning lights on when on-scene or towing a car. It would be extremely helpful and would just be better. The amount of people that ram dot trucks is horrendous. It’s at the stage where, you see a car coming next to you, and you just know for a fact they’re going to ram you.

6 Likes

not possible (to my knowledge) to script due to the fact the cars being towed would just go right into the flatbed, defeating the purpose of the tow truck

the same reason the WM truck in DPW can be hit, it has to use the “forks” to clamp onto the garbage bin, but for the sweeper/bus, it just needs to drive.

also yes, if it was possible this should be a thing

3 Likes

Didn’t Envelope script it in a while ago that cars would just pass thru DoT vehicles…?

2 Likes

Only the F150/tahoe/bus, not the tow truck since cars need to be able to go onto it in order to be transported

2 Likes

so the most used car in DoT can still be rammed nice!

5 Likes

As a former DOT employee, it was quite annoying, especially if you were trying to get a shift in, and you did not want to be in the big server with all the shootings. I support this 100%.

3 Likes

Maybe a toggle next to the light switch for the collidable property. And we only turn it on when the car is on the bed. And if it’s welded, it shouldn’t fall through

2 Likes

The bus is non-colliable. All the other vehicles can be rammed.

2 Likes

I mean, it should just be on all the time. SCFD has theirs on all the time and I think it benefits SCFD if anything. About half of DOT operations are actual roleplay, and the ramming interferes with that.

3 Likes

It would be possible but the script would have to check if the vehicle is occupied which would have flaws as people would just get in their vehicle and it falls right through the tow truck. However DOT does have a welding function so they should only have to winch the car empty onto the flatbed then weld it and it should be ok.

2 Likes

I believe the collision toggle is changed on the client which means only that the collisions will only be modified for the player.

1 Like

s upport

2 Likes

@jackfrojpg https://streamable.com/p11b0

5 Likes

Yes LOL! That solves it

2 Likes

I just thought. Maybe the truck is only non-collidable when the bed is fully up. When the truck bed is down, the truck is welded to the floor, meaning it can’t be rammed.

Then, you winch the car onto the bed (which would work fine considering it’s collidable). Then the car is welded (the important part). And then the bed goes up. The car is welded to the bed, so the car will stick on it. And when the bed is fully up and the truck is no longer welded to the floor, it can be made non-collidable.

2 Likes

Support, if it’s possible to add into the game.

3 Likes