Questionable donations

Is it legal to receive money that has been “cleaned” from a robbery etc, and is it legal to fund criminals

1 Like

no and no (unless it’s RICO’d)

~CRIMINAL attorney Con

2 Likes

Just don’t tell anyone

Just give them gas money :wink:

1 Like

Perfect, I want to fund private mercenaries to terrorize dpw

3 Likes

i’d refrain from saying that <3

1 Like

Once money is clean, it is clean in the eyes of Firestone law, the person who cleaned that cash is free to transfer it to whoever they want.

Transferring money to anyone is perfectly legal by itself, whether they have criminal records or not.

However, the intent of what that money is used for is what can be illegal in my opinion. For example, if you transfer money to someone with the intent of that money going towards an illegal activity, such as the purchase of an illegal firearm, or a drill with the intent to commit a bank robbery, then I would argue there are grounds to be charged with Aiding and Abetting and/or Conspiracy to commit a crime.

That being said, if you donated money to a criminal because they are a “friend”, or, as I do in my case, as a reward for being a good sport by creating RP scenarios, then it isn’t illegal in my opinion, as there is no intent for that money to be used in further crime, whether they commit a further crime isn’t in your control.

In-fact, I encourage people, specifically law enforcement, to use the money system as a way of rewarding criminals for providing good roleplay scenarios, it’s roleplay that makes up the game after-all and without it, the game dies.

2 Likes

I do this too, I reward criminals who do good stuff because (gas is expensive these days…) no one really appreciates criminals.

1 Like

Exactly! They must use so much fuel to fund their perfectly legal driving activities!

Whenever a criminal does a good hostage roleplay sit you have to consider the time and effort gone into creating that. Getting enough money for a gun, finding a gun dealer, actually buying the gun, getting hostages (either use actual ones who wont RP or friends who will), setting up a scene in a building, negotiating with tactical units.

All of this for it to end one of two ways, get shot dead, picked up at CD, or give into negotiation with SWAT/CRT and come peacefully for a reduced sentence. Regardless, you have still spent however much it costs for an illegal gun in that time and taken the effort to set up sits, that time and effort should be valued, a lot of the reason I think RP points should be reinstated, however make it only possible for it to be given by LEO Supervisors and game moderators, this way it will benefit criminals who make our state.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.