Public Opinion Poll; Felon Workers in Public Employee Departments

Major criminals that would be considered a “state security risk” would be denied if they applied.

As for less major criminals, I feel it will teach them more about roleplay, something they can take back with them when on the civilian team, possibly improving the RP aspect of V2 more.

Although there are risks to this, I’d like this as a felon myself. The thing with this is, there’s a tendency to start doing crime when you first join, such as punching someone, standing on a police car, etc. When you get that first charge, you’re barred from most basic jobs, with the except of a few businesses, which are nice, but don’t give you daily activities to preform with more rewards. When you do get the first charge, people are usually impatient and commit crime even more when it’s more difficult to expunge a single or few charges against them. Although there is also a possibility of them going rogue, it’s the same possibility of letting some random new person in, most people would stick with the job they get though. Crimes on-duty / going rogue may be more frequent, but more quality checks on background checks and quality assurance checks on applicants can help people get jobs and do stuff in-game instead of solely on crimes and mostly dead buissnesses.

that is not really how anything at all works tho

1 Like

Agreed. If a criminal joined DPW then decided to go rogue, they would get themselves banned, hence why I don’t believe rogues would be an issue.

DPW already has policies about being cited/arrested on duty, including strikes, suspensions and terminations depending on severity and circumstance.

1 Like

The only problem I see is the team swap function. They could easily respawn to cd and escape a pursuit and nobody would ever know.

this would kind of ruin CRP then

1 Like

CRP could be amended to state phase 1 is automatically completed if the participant is already an employee in DPW/DOT, therefore some benefit there as it can also speed up that process and give criminals a taster of legal life, “try before you buy” if you will.

I agree with donxld, it would pretty much kill off CRP

2 Likes

But, in all honesty, I’d rather see an experiment of this happening before it’s done permanently. Even though I wouldn’t want crims working in public departments, I’d be willing to see an experiment done first, so we can all see if it’s a good decision to make.

1 Like

no it wouldn’t???

crp literally seals all records and reinstates certifications. being employed in 1 or 2 public employee departments is a different things.

2 Likes

Looking at how the poll is at the moment, I might not even try experimenting it, bit of a shame as I personally like the idea but oh well.

Here are the advantages I see:

• Criminals are taught and further understand the aspects of roleplay, something they can take with them when going back to being criminal.
  • Gives criminals an idea of what legal life is like
  • Can act as a fast-track for phase 1 of CRP
2 Likes

what currently stops non-felons from joining depts just to commit crimes and a lot of crime on-duty would be considered rogue and therefore they’d just get banned lol.

1 Like

Who supports at-least trialing this?

• Aye

0 voters

“that would not be enough” was referred to just firing them from the department, if you read the message above

They would also get a blacklist

They should get a ban, like it would happen to rogue public employees as of now, otherwise it would make the rogue problem much worse, that was my point

But in all of this I don’t see the need for it, I think there’s more risks than benefits here

56 vs 44 is the vote percentage right now

As this would be a big change, discussion with game moderation would also be a factor

You’re assuming that criminals are dumb, not all. Just cause we did a few crimes doesn’t mean we should get banned from playing most of the game mechanics.