Public consultation on recalls

wierdo was meant to post this but he’s slow so I’m doing it

Basically I’m working with congress on a formal proposal for recalls, following an official petition.

Here is the framework we have designed:

There is slightly more depth in the full framework, which you can view below.
== PETITIONS ==
- Signature requirement: [50]
- And [3] signatures from non-PO congressional members, [2] of those being from the same chamber
- All signatures must be made either on the Firestone Forums or through Discord with assertion of the individual via display of User ID, signatures may be retracted by either mechanism
- All signatures must be made by citizens
- A recall petition will fail if it does not meet the signature requirement within [2] weeks of posting
- The same individual cannot create two recall petitions within [30] days

== VOTES ==
- At least [3] days but no longer than [5] days, the [Governor] (or in absence, [LTG] shall) create and advertise a poll on the forums, linking to the recall petition, and asking the question if the member should be recalled (note specific wording in statute)
- Lasting for at least [48] hours but no longer than [96] hours
- At least [70%] of the vote must be in favour of recall
- Votes will only count on the forums, election rules apply, etc.
- A recalled congressional official will not be able to run for or re-enter congressional office for 3 weeks after being recalled

== GENERAL ==
- If a recall fails in any stage against an individual, a recall petition against them cannot be made for another 2 weeks
- A recall petition cannot be created against an individual in their first 2 weeks of continous office
- A recall petition cannot be created against an individual if an expulsion or articles of impeachment against them failed vote within the last 2 weeks

What are your views on this recall system?
  • I like this system. I would like to see it implemented.
  • I like the idea of recalls, but would suggest changes to this system.
  • I do not like the idea of recalls. I do not want to see this, or a modified system, implemented.

0 voters

2 Likes

very cool!!!

2 Likes

(P.S. REPLY WITH MORE DETAILS)

1 Like

I was out late, but yeah pretend this is from me

3 Likes

would this just affect congressional recalls?

2 Likes

this would just be congressional, at least for the time being

1 Like

note to self – add a clause in statute to prevent some goober from trying to recall someone while they’re already being recalled

1 Like

recall these nuts

8 Likes

The 50 signature limit needs to be raised. It’s very easy to get to 50.

This should be a last resort deal not something that can very easily be done to an opposing candidate’s camp by another camp.

So I fear in its current state it will become VERY messy and VERY political very quickly. So it should be a bipartisan petition (with say 100 signatures required) so that one camp isn’t trying to yeet opponents.

2 Likes

yea seems fine… i don’t want to see occur to governor(s). at least at the congressional signature requirement. because hundreds of people can oppose a governor just solely on their conflicting beliefs and would be willing to sign a petition to remove them. it is the biggest position in firestone

3 Likes

agree

1 Like

The signature requirement for general petitions is 75. Only 1 petition has ever gotten to that level, and that was after 2 weeks of intense campaign.

2 Likes

this is correct

1 Like

out of curiosity, which?

1 Like

the one for recalls

1 Like

Very true. 2 weeks for 50 signatures is super easy…

2 Likes

it really isn’t, my petition for this recall is the only one that has ever succeeded

2 Likes

So is this going to be implemented or is it just dead?

1 Like

I think this is one of those threads where an individual gets an motivation so he/she/them make a forum post about it and then everyone from fs reads it support it and then people forget about it and the person who started it looses motivation.

2 Likes

if a sitting legislator dms me i’ll type it up for them based on the discussed framework

1 Like