Legislation Official Document
Highly encouraged to view this legislation with the above hyperlink due to formatting errors in this post.
Private Property Force Act of 2018
A bill to give citizens the right to defending their private property using force
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the State of Firestone in Congress Assembled,
SECTION I. SHORT TITLE; GENERAL PROVISIONS.
Short Title. — This Act may be cited as the “Private Property Force Act of 2018”.
Severability. — This Act shall be severable, such that if any word, phrase, line, sentence, or provision of this Act, or the application of any of them to any person or circumstance, is held invalid, their application to other persons or circumstances, and the remainder of this Act shall not be affected thereby. Any newer law shall not supersede this Act unless that law specifically declares its intent to supersede this Act’s provisions.
Effective Date. — This Act shall go into effect immediately following enactment.
SECTION II. USING FORCE ON PRIVATE PROPERTY.
- A person in possession or control of property, or a person who is licensed or privileged to be in or upon such property, is justified in using physical or deadly force upon another person if trespassing their property
- The Property owner gives a verbal warning to the trespasser before they use deadly force to get the trespasser off the property
- The property owner must give the trespasser at least eight seconds to leave the property before using force against the trespasser
- Law Enforcement are allowed on property with reason
SECTION III. ENFORCEMENT
- This act shall be enforced by any peace officer with proper certification within the State of Firestone.
Respectfully submitted to the Congress of the State of Firestone,