Poll Regarding Warrants

So a debate has come up recently regarding further restrictions to the warrant power judges posses. A proposal to limit warrants to persons that have cases by the DOJ against is the main solution presented. The judiciary and the DoJ are not fans, but I am curious to see a general consensus. It’s to note a vast, vast majority of warrants are specifically requested by law enforcement. It is very rare that a judge filed a warrant solely on what they see. Currently there are 18 active warrants.

• In favor
  • Against

0 voters

1 Like

It needs to be harder for warrants to be handed out. Too easy.

2 Likes

I also forgot to note that C.III.XV passed in like April allows people to appeal any warrant, and any arrests that come from said warrant.

2 Likes

A judge should be able to hand out a warrant if they feel the warrant is justified.

6 Likes

I have specific criteria that I require to be met for warrants I issue.

1 Like

For one, I typically will not issue a warrant where the requester takes no action to actually get the case in the courts and get the person before a judge. Second, there needs to be an actual need for the warrant, this person actually needs to be a problem. I don’t like the idea of warrants filling in for the courts, so when I issue warrants, the person almost always will end up appearing before me for arraignment and subsequent trial. I want my cases seen through to completion, essentially.

1 Like

I agree with James it’s too easy

1 Like

Maybe the Chief Justice has to sign it and it is overseen by the FBI??

1 Like

We’d never see a warrant again

3 Likes

two judges denied my warrant showing someone with a gun killing me, with motive and proof it was that person

no don’t make it harder

1 Like
1 Like