Poll on a Megacode

Greetings!

As promised, I was planning to create a megacode that would’ve combined the major laws in our state (Criminal Code, NG Duty Act, etc.) into one single code, preventing the need of repeatedly introducing new bills replacing old laws, with simple amendments to one code. That was the case, once elected, if a majority of people were to support such an act. I now would like your opinion on such a thing.

• Yes, let’s make it!
  • No thanks.

0 voters

Make sure to vote, and civil discourse will be allowed in the comments below.

Thanks!
Senator Uncircuit

2 Likes

Codification is the goal, but it also doesn’t work to be too together.

Have an overarching code, but then have individual smaller groups (under separate laws) which cover different topics. Have a criminal law group, a procedural law group, a departmental law group, etc. Don’t just combine everything into one big mega-law.

That being said, each of them should still follow that previously mentioned overarching code which connects them together.

5 Likes

can we stick with a version of a mega code for longer than a month before we start changing things?

3 Likes

Hello, please don’t include traffic laws in this, working on them at rn

2 Likes

So some details about this megacode:

Yes, it’s essentially merging all of the most important codes, such as the Criminal Code Revision Act, the National Guard Duty Act, et cetera.

Instead of referring to a certain act that’s in this megacode, we would refer to a certain title of this new code, much like the U.S. Code. All of the acts would get their own title number, such as Title I for the Criminal Code, Title II for the NG Duty Act and any other military codes, Title III for judicial stuff such as procedure, etc. Instead of just writing bills to amend the “Criminal Code”, we’d just keep a database of all the titles and when an amendment to said code passes, we’d just update the database.

I have discussed this with @thekerbal above, and have decided to keep the Traffic Code as a separate entity with this new code.

Suggestions for topics for each title can be given below.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like