Poll: Current State of Firestone

Personally, I’ve never been at a point in my career with this state that’d make me want to just throw it all away, hang everything up and just walk out the door. I’m sure we’re all familiar with how the norm is in v2 now with all the cancer, toxicity and everything now. So I’m curious to know your opinions with these polls or any other opinions in the comments.

Have you noticed any toxicity in v2 in the recent months?

• Yes the toxicity has been very noticeable
  • No, it’s just fine

0 voters

Would you consider v2 fun to play at the moment?

• No, it hasn’t been very enjoyable lately.
  • It’s alright, but I wouldn’t consider it necessarily fun.
  • Hell yeah, still love it!

0 voters

Do you think there’s anything the moderators team could do to levitate or decrease the levels of toxicity? (If so, post below with ideas)

• No, it’s a lost cause.
  • It’s not really on them to fix the problem
  • Yes, there’s something that they could do

0 voters

With some features in v2 granting this level of toxicity would you say it’d be fair if the SRT got nerfed to lower this level of toxicity?

• Yes, nerf it so LEOs have a chance to compete with it
  • It’s meh, but maybe it could use something to make it more balanced
  • It’s completely fine noob, get some skill!

0 voters

With v3 coming out as Alpha in the coming months, do you think this toxicity will carry over into v3 or will it be less so or completely obliterated?

• I think it’ll be a thing of the past when v3 releases
  • I think it’ll carry over into v3
  • I’m not sure, I hope it goes away though
  • I think it’ll still be there but not so much

0 voters

I’m curious to hear what you guys think and if there’s anything you think will shift how the game is like for the better. Please leave any informative, thoughtful ideas and opinions down below.

2 Likes

Stares intently at GlockEllerbee

6 Likes

I want it to go down, feel like founders only care about money, so why not make it paid for a bit?

4 Likes

truth

2 Likes

I really fucking hate the state V2 is in right now.

Today on a DOT shift I was harassed for 15 mins straight by two cars repeatedly ramming me. I called LEOs but none available.
It got to the point where I just said “fuck this, I’m done for today.” and just left.

The name and badge thing is so fucking ridiculous as well. It’s gotten to the point where people say it then pull AKs out of there asses and kill you. It’s annoying as hell and I wouldn’t have an issue if it was removed, even if I was a criminal.

Both criminals AND LEOs take shit way to seriously and personally. It’s a fucking game for gods sake. I’m sick of all the bullshit that happens between LEOs and Criminals. Say GG and get on with life.

FRPers are getting worse as I type out this article. People ram people with their cars, LTAA, RTAA and I’m getting so fed up with it all.

The only way V3 will be better is if we

1. make it pay to play
  2. ban people right off the bat. don’t give them second chances. if they do it once, they’re going to do it again. give me one example of someone who got banned and came back as innocent people.
  3. hire. more. bloody. game. mods.

V2 has been deteriorating and everyday it gets a tad bit worse. I’m fucking sick of it. If v3 doesn’t eliminate the toxicity and FRPing, I’ll seriously consider resigning from all my positions and leaving the state as whole. This is the type of thing which kills groups.

7 Likes

I think the only way V3 will be able to eliminate the toxicity is if they actually start now.

I’ve had my problems with a lot of people but in the end it is a game, and how is it fun for people if all you need to do is sit at CD, pull AKs on kids and make them rage.

I agree highly with what you said.

3 Likes

Too many complainers. firestone is just fine!

3 Likes

You know what, keep in mine V2 came out a couple years ago so the technology is lacking that’s why people are not enjoying it and why criminals have been making pure chaos and just being flat out idiots yea I’m talking about you pink! So we all need to just enjoy our last months in V2 because we’re losing our time with it everyday… God bless the State of Firestone.

3 Likes

Sorry for spelling mistakes I wrote this on my phone.

2 Likes

Of course the toxicity will carry over. It’s the same state, just a new map. Toxic people are still there.

3 Likes

there are more game mods, in fact we have 7 reserves so that isnt really a problem tbh

2 Likes

The root of all problems comes from v2. Everything is so open-ended where people can do whatever they want. To fix those problems, I’d have to implement a plethora of features into v2 that could easily solve all these “toxicity” problems. The issue that arises is the fact that v2 has been scripted by multiple developers to the point that working on said place is unbearable. If I try to implement a feature, it’ll have multiple loopholes or bugs and more than likely break a different feature of the game.

The idea of v3 is to eliminate all the problems v2 has. The administration can not change the people’s mind and what they think, but we can implement features that can prevent toxic acts in v3. We hope to achieve the maximum possible positive roleplaying experience by the end of v3, which can include restrictions on gun usage via scripting limitations (e.g. you can’t wall peek etc.) Complaining about v2 over and over again will not help you nor me. If I dedicate my time in fixing v2 over and over again, I lose giving progress on v3. Then you all will complain on how shit v3 is. It’s a cycle, all you can do is wait. If you can’t wait, then I’m sorry.

p.s. no im not going to fix your tahoe, it will never be fixed. i don’t know the problem and it is not game breaking.

7 Likes

Me, bro. I used to be fairly toxic, and I used to exploit. Back in V2 Alpha, I exploited guns into my inventory and killed Fed. I was banned for 1 year and like 5 months. The moderation team was kind enough to grant me a second chance and I’ve been a bit roleplayer now, and I’m trying to get into the community. People can change, this is no solution.

People manly FRP because they are not aware of the ‘FRP’ rules. I mean come on, when a noob joins the game, he/she does NOT think to join the discord, find the forms, find the ‘FRP’ rules, read them, and follow them. even if they do, some FRP rules aren’t even listened… such as Jumping in water to avoid arrest, running and hiding inside cars to avoid arrest, etc. Most people are used to the average ROBLOX game where you can do whatever you want to. (Besides following Roblox TOS).

The only way is paid access, or add a LOT more onto the citizenship test. Tourists should NOT have the option to purchase vehicles. An only citizen who takes a test and properly explains FRP and links them to the FRP form post and the discord.

Firestone is officially a ‘roleplay’ game, I think otherwise. Firestone is more similar to Mayflower who, actually admits, they are NOT a roleplaying game. Firestone leos do NOT use roleplay tactics to take down criminals nowadays…they do whatever is necessary. Such as baton rush, use OC to stop a criminal from running, Stand in front of a car so if they drive, they can kill the driver which is FRP because how can a damn human stop a car from driving? and etc. In fact, law enforcement tactical divisions such as CRT, SWAT, are getting noticeably worse. Once they disable your vehicle, I’ve had them run full speed towards my car with the baton out, no cover what so ever. and it’s an easy kill. CRT used to NEVER do this before the baton came out. they used to start an HRS, wait for backup, and approach the car weapons drawn, this is starting to STOP and it is dumb.

Point is, cops are using tools literally and are not using them in a role-playing matter. I have no comments on criminals, we already know how that goes.

3 Likes

Community members that are breaking the FRP Guide, can be reported to members of the Game Moderation team for moderation action. These moderators are all on at different times of the day. I understand the frustration of “toxicity”, but with any large community you will have a handful of users that are toxic. Deeming a user “toxic” varies person to person based on their own personal interactions with them.

I hear you guys out, but banning players based on their own opinions/criticisms good or bad isn’t really a good way to run a community. Players should be able to state their views without being in fear of being banned as long as it doesn’t break any of our moderation rules. If you run into a situation where you think a user is breaking game rules, record it and report them to a Game Moderator.

Players calling other players toxic really comes down to who you are talking to, and their perspective of that person.

Usernames & Discord ID’s of our Game Moderation team :

6 Likes
2 Likes