Player Based Economy

As @Samtella mentioned in a response to a post about censorship, Firestone lacks content. Since its creation, v2 updates have been published for law enforcement and public services, without respect to criminals. Despite the efforts by the Co-Founders to make both sides enjoyable, the game is definitively unbalanced at its current state. Both LE and public services continue to ask for content while criminals have to suffer through toxicity and a lack of content in general. There is a big disproportion when it comes to what law enforcement gets vs what criminals get. In my eyes, any update made for law enforcement should also be made for criminals. This is a common practice in groups with a big player base. In this post, I will be outlining my idea of a player-based economy.

One of the big reasons why criminals don’t enjoy this game is because there is very limited roleplay. Almost every roleplay in Firestone involves using a firearm. From bank robberies to hostage situations, having a firearm is essential for any type of criminal roleplay in Firestone. And in almost every case, the criminal ends up dead, losing a significant amount of money on the firearm itself and any money he gained from the roleplay. When there isn’t any roleplay involving firearms, the game becomes drastically boring. Criminals have no sort of economy. Money is strictly gain through money farming, donations, or even exploiting.

In my experiences with other games, I have realized that a player-based economy is the easiest way to get players to enjoy your game. There are games with illegal economies (e.g. growing and selling drugs), but there are others that have legal economies. The legal way of creating an economy would be having jobs where people buy supplies and re-sell them for profit. Jobs would include: car dealer, gun dealer, medical supplier, etc. Players would be more focused on earning money rather than relying on their game paycheck.

27 Likes

SUPPORT

5 Likes

SUPPORT

4 Likes

yes sir

3 Likes

Support, it doesn’t have to weed growing in firestone tho. It can be something else like trucking or transporting illegal guns.

6 Likes

SUPPORT!!! THE QUEEN/KING WE DONT DESERVE BUT NEED!

3 Likes

I sir, support this message

3 Likes

FULL SUPPORT!

little things like delivering mail to houses for cash, bringing food to tables at stores, cleaning? (although DPW would need to do that), SOME SORT OF SMUGGLING! You could swim to somewhere restricted & get objects to sell, but are illegal if caught with.

3 Likes

truee

3 Likes

@anon54114525 maybe something to bring up to fed?

4 Likes

This could definitely work, as people have mentioned smuggling I’m gonna go directly and take a page out of GTA’s book. Would we have a system where you basically start a storyline (Much like in the Halloween events) where you can get a storage locker and make it your underground headquarters? From there you take shipments across FS and fulfil contracts. It could be a far step from FS currently but possible a welcomed idea in V3?
Support!

4 Likes

I honestly appreciate the effort and all but lets also take things in consideration currently. Introduction of these elements was somewhat promised in V3 and the effort of adding these features probably wont be added in V2. So our best hope really is to wait for the V3 release. All the current development effort is focused on V3 and I personally highly doubt that addition of any major new game mechanic/content will be added. Unless fed feels like it kekw.

anyway keep up the good work boys and i fully support and endorse this

<3 this community needs to get a stronger bond

4 Likes

SUPPORT

3 Likes

yes, i agree with all of this. would also be great if our current commerce businesses were given a more legit system to earn a profit and pay their employees!

3 Likes

Muh Ideas -

1. For legal ways to make money, have like mines or farms where players simply click a tool to harvest a resource. Then players must physically transport the raw resource to a processor to process it into a good. Then plays bring the goods to a seller NPC with a market the fluctuates based on amount sold.
  • Pros, gives players something to do, opportunity for illegal players to rob others, both legal and illegal can do
  • Cons, repetitive
  1. Have NPCs that sell raw resources at the docks or something and then players take resources to a property they own, they can store weapons and goods at their property. At a hardware store players can buy machines to craft various goods, etc. Weapons, Foods, Tools, and Vehicles? Then players sell their items on a global player ran market at prices they set or sell to an NPC at very low prices, players could also buy from NPCs instead of players for a high mark up. All items would be in local inventories so a supply chain and employees may be needed for large operations (businesses)
  • pros, fun, RP businesses, realistic economy, sandbox, both legal and illegal, business owners can do questionable things with their goods (money laundering, selling goods to unlicensed players, smuggling
  • cons, a lot to script (well for me I have no clue if this is even possible)
  1. In addition to this legal business economy ideas, there should be illegal ones. For example, turtle poaching or some sort of poaching, money printing at properties, a chop shop (where players lockpick and sell vehicles at), smuggling goods between two point on the map for NPCs (if there is a player economy and goods then this wouldn’t be needed), making “Fruits” that give buffs like damage resistance. Finally, all illegal seller NPCs if added (illegal gun seller (paws), poached animal meats, chop shop, etc. Should have different points on the map called “cartels” where players/gangs can capture the point like King of the Hill and receive 25% of all profits from the illegal NPCs selling or buying goods from players.

totally didn’t steal this from altis life

6 Likes

I know this probably won’t happen though, that’s reality :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

support

3 Likes

we can have hope!!!

2 Likes

SUPPORT! As a majority of there common player base are civs, making some easily joinable task would be epic.

3 Likes

support

2 Likes