Physical Training in Firestone - A Recurring Theme

Obviously you haven’t been to a tier in a while.

u can’t judge someone off of that alone lol

1 Like

i just visited a couple from the last class

You’ve described my feelings toward it perfectly.

2 Likes

Isn’t that just negative incentive? You can still be a good and qualified candidate yet decide to quit on your own will simply due to the rigorous implementation of PT. It’s not shuffling out the unqualified; it’s just grabbing those with spare time to waste.

3 Likes

I understand your point, however I think on the spot note examination is a much more thorough way of making sure someone’s paying attention. It ensures they’re understanding the information while also keeping them on topic; something PT doesn’t do.

2 Likes

Who said we’re placing blame on others? I don’t quite see where you’re getting that.

Also, this is quite ironic since, as noted by multiple other people, PT is quite often handled in a “group punishment” fashion.

I think the threat of reprimand and being thrown out of a POST class is much more of a disincentive than PT though

1 Like

I don’t think you understand the phrase “I’ll be damned”. And again, it’s a game. If you don’t like doing it then just don’t do it, it’s literally that simple. Youre making a mountain out a mole hill here

the irony of this statement regarding the rest of what you just said. games are meant to be fun, pt isnt fun and its pointless,

3 Likes

PT is annoying, but people needed to find a way to punish or deem people worthy and I guess having accurate shooting with lego guns just didn’t meet the mark.

PT sucks, but if you mess something up and get PT’d for it, you know damn well you’re not gonna do it again.

idk why i didnt just combine those two statements into one but whatever lmao

Then don’t play it? You guys act like you have no choice lmao

Sure, they might not do it again, but there’s a much simpler solution to that problem. When I was in POST, whenever there was a cadet that did anything stupid or talked back like an idiot, they were brought to the front of the class and told to do PT. This was extremely time-consuming and wasted the time of the Instructors, as well as the other cadets.

A simple alternative to this is just to kick the cadet from the tier. If the cadet is doing something wrong or being an idiot, and they truly are doing it intentionally, just kick them from the tier and the problem is solved within seconds. What happens if they do it again? Remove them from the academy. Especially when what was supposed to be a 2-hour tier was upwards of 5-6 hours, it’s ridiculous to waste everyone’s time just to PT someone.

4 Likes

I approve of Roblox PT. Doing 1000 jumping jacks has really helped me with women

3 Likes

exactly why it serves as a perfect punishment

Being forced to go through PT instead fills me with spite and impatience; it’s wasting my time, others’s time, and makes me linger over the idea of hating PT instead of thinking about what I did to deserve it.

This right here is the reason why as a punishment it is so effective.
It makes you hate it and makes you fear getting it when reprimanded, it makes you waste everyone’s time, and it makes you want to not repeat that retarded mistake you did in fear of it.

what kind of logic is this, people want to play the game not sit there doing jumping jacks, you gain nothing other than wasting everyone’s time lol?

If the person is not paying attention, kick them out of the training or help them understand the mistake they’ve done instead of making them jump in a roblox game, you’re acting like this is the military we’re talking about

punishment on a roblox game… please re-evaluate what you’re saying before you talk

4 Likes

I have never and likely will never give extensive pt to my staff, trainees or coworkers

The only PT I have given is minimal for people who have proven traditional verbal counseling or education has not had an impact

extensive PT requiring anything above minutes of time is redundant. If you’re stupid enough to need PT that long you’re stupid enough to be someone I will issue a legitimate punishment too instead of wasting my OWN time staring at you type numbers

3 Likes

There is a much much simpler solution… and I honestly cannot see why people fanboy over PT so much

It is completely redundant and an ineffective means of actual legitimate punishment (though effective at wasting everyone’s time). There is no “omg i shouldn’t have done this i’m sorry”, it’s “lol why”. If I do get it, there’s no fear of getting it again, I’ll just laugh at it. (or perhaps that’s just me because i’m spiteful as hell)

For those saying it’s effective at determining who’s devoted enough or paying attention… yeah, but then you might lose actual talent to the wasted time spent in a roblox training. A much simpler solution than wasting everyone’s time is quizzing.

As beautifully said,

3 Likes

This is literally the point of PT, no one likes to do it so you dont mess up.