Petition to Shutdown DPS

Petition to Shutdown DPS

After reviewing the many ongoing complaints in regards to the Department of Public Safety (DPS), I, and many others feel like the department should be shutdown.

Lack of Communication

Many department heads can agree that DPS lacks the ability to simply notify their department heads when there is an ongoing investigation in regards to one of their respective employees. This can be problematic for several reasons. One being that it creates uncertainty and tension between employees when an investigation isn’t communication to the appropriate people.

Reform after Reform

The situation isn’t getting any better with the many reforms that DPS has gone through in the past year. In fact, the situation has worsen up to the point that department heads start to believe that they’re losing power over their department. Removing Internal Affairs is a prime example of this issue. Most employee from a child department of DPS can agree that they can trust their HICOMM. If they can’t, then that’s an issue. If set up properly, Internal Affairs should be able to conduct their investigations properly. Department Heads should be responsible for the maintence of Internal Affairs. DPS, on the other hand, shall be requested to assist in investigations OR interfer when the safety of the public is low and the person being investigated is trouble-causing. The problem with biasness in Internal Affairs shouldn’t be an issue if well-maintained. Forcing employees to take a first aid course was unnessesary primarily for the fact that it’s nearly impossible to certify 200+ employees to then punish them with severe consquences for not doing it. Anyone with a decent IQ knows how to treat someone with a wound. Going back to reforms, DPS’s leadership hasn’t gotten any better leading to a failing, hated department.

Investigations

Lack of communication along with illegitimate consquences have shown that DPS cannot conduct investigations properly. While they spend time conducting small investigations that could have been handled by Internal Affairs, the safety of the public is still low and they have done NOTHING to address the situation. They claim to blame it on a lack of technology, but they have more than enough power to address existing issues and provide solutions to public safety.

Conclusion

DPS should be shutdown for the reasons stated above. After many outcrys, this petition earns it’s merit deserves support of the public, and a response from congress.

Disclaimer
This petition was a summary of some of the opinions out there, I have made sure that these opinion have some form of legitimacy.

Leave a signature if you support this petition.

2 Likes

You didn’t write this properly. The way you miswrote makes it so Congress doesn’t have to do jack. Also, last time this was tried Fed just stopped it, so /shrug

3 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes

I don’t believe DPS has been always right but I do believe DPS has the right ambitions that are often misconstrued. I am not going to spend a time uselessly to explain my thoughts, as these threads pop up all too much. This will not pass nor serve a real purpose. Why not understand both aspects then WORK with DPS rather than just insult (speaking in general), bash, and blatantly go against the department.

2 Likes

I’d rather see departments strengthening up their Community Relations than to see a failing department.

2 Likes

Did you not just attempt to make a petition to shutdown a department cause you personally do not approve of their actions?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t put this petition out there if it wouldn’t receive some form of support. The majority of opinions out there show disapproval, even on a personal level. Some people’s opinion aren’t public either because they choose not to or are afraid to show them. Also, read the disclaimer before stating that this petition was personal for me.

2 Likes

Departments have their flaws, but exactly they shouldn’t be shut down. The officials of the Department of Public Safety have 𝐍𝐎𝐓 improved DPS in possibly any way. DPS is vital, but sections of the department are just completely brain dead. The activity of this department is NOT acceptable, in Stapleton County I do not see any DPS on most of the time.

I don’t support this petition but, as a new term dawns, we will hopefully see a change in DPS.

2 Likes

in a non-dps department, lololol

2 Likes

@Doktor710 exactly why everyone leaves SCSO,FSP an goes to DHS

2 Likes

Though I recently don’t agree with everything DPS is doing, I don’t think that mandating the shutdown of this vital department is necessary. I personally believe it just needs a slap on the rear-end to get things moving in the right direction.

2 Likes

After reviewing OVG’s plan, I am withdrawing this petition. Please lock @anon54114525

2 Likes
1 Like