Petition to Restrict Capitol Exterior

SUPPORT AS AN OFFICER OF THE FIRESTONE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY, FEDERAL PROTECTIVE SERVICE.

2 Likes

I think they should rephrase it where DHS has the OPTION to restrict the capital. Making it trespassing by default shouldn’t be the case in my opinion as there isn’t any signage saying you need clearance. Don’t get me wrong, make it where you have the ability to restrict it but don’t make it where it is considered trespassing by default. Imagine being a new player who goes in the capital and looks around then gets arrested by DHS a few minutes later cause they didn’t know it was trespassing.

tl;dr Make it where DHS can have the ability to restrict it but don’t make it restricted by default like FNG, ASU, and SCFD.

2 Likes

it would be like that and is currently like that, clearance 1 (citizens) can enter cap whenever they want unless its on lockdown or they’re armed.

2 Likes

hello

1 Like

you can’t really coordinate or hold protests on a 10 stud sidewalk. in real life buildings, you will find protestors on the steps; directly outside the building.

i can see dhs using security powers to restrict protests or to violate rights. there isn’t a reason to block people from being around the building, if there is a risk you can have officers stationed at the doors to prevent entry, or immediately detain anyone who tries to dash through the security checkpoint at the entrance.

2 Likes

The law is already flawed. Apparently it’s illegal to enter the Capitol? What if there’s no DHS online? What if I want to just roam around in the public galleries?

It would make more sense for it to constitute loitering in and around the capitol (if DHS asks you to leave you must leave) and make it trespassing inside of the actual house floors when not a Congressperson or not granted permission by DHS.

3 Likes

they have a clearence board you’re just not allowed to enter in lockdown

1 Like

A clearance board is sketchier than just codifying it in clear law. Some abusive DHS could edit that board and start arresting citizens for no reason. Not saying they would, just saying it’s a possibility. Policy should not intermingle with criminal law…

3 Likes

theres 5 people on the clearance board, dhs administration, bear and shark. I doubt any of them would abuse the board but I see your point

3 Likes

maybe to fix the issue if a new bill is proposed it could specify that the steps area would be public if its being used for a peaceful protest which I do agree with

3 Likes

and your absolutely correct, the reason we failed it is because of protest.

last year when it was locked down, fed started mass protests and it was reopened. theres no point in risking that and then having to reopen it again anyways. its a waste of our time and causes unnecessary stress on law enforcement if protest were to break out. everyone knows that most protest in firestone arent very peaceful.

2 Likes

say theres a protectee in the capitol, (cl4, 3 if soe), i can see restricting the capitol then. but if there isnt a protectee in the capitol, i really dont see a need to restrict it.

1 Like

it’s not restricted unless it’s on lockdown my guy

1 Like

Support

1 Like

where is that line though? who decides when it’s no-longer peaceful? that is the issue.

1 Like

the law. its no longer peaceful if they start breaking laws.

1 Like

yes, but, we’re equipped to handle them.

1 Like

equipped to handle it != worth its time

1 Like

i know, i was more pointing out the “unnecessary stress on law enforcement” part, it just wouldnt have made sense if i didnt quote the whole thing

1 Like

Bruh why? There’s nothing in there. Just seems like another pointless law. I could understand if there was an event or something but literally nothing goes on there.

2 Likes