Petition to Reform DPS

We, citizens of Firestone and the Law Enforcement Officers that serve the community have constantly referenced petitioning the department and its decisions. We do not need to keep this up but rather reform the departments High Command and have further legislation to regulate the boundaries of which this department can not cross.

Most notably, they’re law enforcement officers out there that believe DPS should be removed due to it not following the key fundamentals that it was brought into Firestone by, representing Law Enforcement Officers in court cases and ensuring our departments are law abiding and disciplined. Here recently, they’re more worried about becoming prosecutors and putting more logs and paperwork for law enforcement officers. Reference the recent debate about the department launching their own Arrest Records in their own game server, for every arrest you make. With that, you make ten arrests in game, you must then join and rejoin their game 10 times to write the reports. I get the reports, but that’s not the way to implement them.

The Department of Public Safety should be reformed and equipped with the proper administration that will stick to the the key fundamentals it was found on. The department keeps adding their own divisions and expanding, to the pleasure of the Administration. Which can also be seen as attempts to gain more power over law enforcement officers.

In Regards,
Jake | SouthernMorality.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Read ^

2 Likes

Yeah, petition not legally binding. See thread linked by @TitanNation

2 Likes
  • Reform refers to Impeachment, of their Administration.
  • Noted congress to make legislation to further regulate DPS.

Both keypoints in your document.

2 Likes

Reform does not refer to impeachment. Also, Congress really doesn’t have the power to fire all those people.

2 Likes

They’d just need to set a new secretary with good ambitions and he’d set a new administration.

2 Likes

Cool. Petition, properly, to impeach the current. Although, he’s done nothing unlawful (to my knowledge) so impeachment would probably fail.

2 Likes

Then turn focus to second part of the petition and that’s to further regulate the department through congress.

2 Likes

Make the petition again, make it what Danny said. This petition is going to fail k thx.

3 Likes

And what further legislation should there be? If you don’t actually say what you want done, they can’t really make legislation for you can they?

2 Likes

no thanks. COuldn’t careless. Made petition so someone could use it later. Just a draft basicslly. ill let them note it

2 Likes

I’m not in a department so DPS’ actions don’t effect me. Made petition upon request for someone else to use and add to.

2 Likes

Could have just stated that from the start…

2 Likes

No reforms needed.

2 Likes

There is no need to reform dps or any of that nonsense. I don’t know about other departments, but the teamwork between dps and fsp command has been outstanding. They’ve been doing a great job. Sure, every once in a while you’ll have that controversial case/action, but they’re doing a great job (this is the best dps we’ve had since firestone started).

alexduskthorn
FSP Colonel

3 Likes
1 Like