Petition to "nullify" the retakes of FFA certifications for a second time

Title explains itself. They did this earlier promising it was last time, nope. Does this help anyone? No. All they do is preventing LEOs from holding their certifications so they can give medical aid. They cause inactivity in SCFD, and that’s what we’re trying to avoid right? All they’re doing is messing up something that works perfectly. This will only cause less medical trained LEOs, mass resignations in SCFD and loss of FFA staff and EMR staff. This “new” stuff won’t change how prepared we are. This is only bullshit, I want this nullified either by the FFA staff or the goverment. Fuck this shit.

1 Like

There has to be an easier way to facilitate recert. Make everyone take the test again, or do a refresher course. But repeating FFA seems a bit unneeded.

1 Like

That’s what I’m saying. There is a way easier way to do it. They said it was last time we’d have to retake whole FFA, nope it wasn’t.

1 Like

I think it’s good. Like people get the new informations.

ok bois after having a talk with @JJKingdom we fixed it and agree it’s fair so D/R plz close thread thx

1 Like

In real life you need to re-new/re-certify for every medical cert, stop crying smg

4 Likes

if anything your cert should expire every few months and you need to take a re-fresher course and a final course to renew it. makes it more realistic, mk?

1 Like

There’s a difference between a refresher and retaking the whole Academy. But none of my business. Anyways it’s svolved lol

1 Like

I do not know of a professional certification (bar, medicine, POST, medical, CPA, etc.) that does not require continuing education, recertification, and so on.

2 Likes

Yea, thats why I dont try to get a EMTB,

Once I had it about a year ago, then it was nullified. So I did not try again.

In real life, for example. Lets say you have a MD certification, you would not lose your certification and have to do 4 years of training again, like how we lose EMTB (how it used to be called in v2) However, in real life, instead they should just give people new information in a class while at the same time not eliminating people’s emt cert and dont have to retake the course over again. (Dont have to retake the same stuff, only new info)

1 Like

In other words, continuing education. But dont remove their cert completley while they learn the new stuff.

1 Like

yes why I don’t get emt b

1 Like

POST: Alright guys, so your a class 3? Nah man, your fine. You’re an old-timer, you should’ve picked up some of the new tricks by now
FFA: YOU GRADUATED CLASS -6? YOU NEED TO RETAKE THE ENTIRE ACADEMY, TAKE THE FINAL EXAM, TAKE 2 REFRESHER CLASSES, 4 SIMULATIONS, THEN WRITE A 5 PARAGRAPH DOCUMENT ON WHY YOU WISH FOR YOUR CERTIFICATION TO BE REINSTATED

facts

4 Likes

and thats why ill never attend the EMTB sessions for FSP

1 Like

The recertification announcement recently was unauthorized and is therefore not applicable.

3 Likes

Thanks mack, you saved us!

1 Like

Because that’s how it should work…?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like