Petition to make False Arrest a civil Charge, not Criminal

Section 3: This legislation shall be enforced by the Firestone Court of Law, and the Department of Justice. The Firestone Courts shall oversee all charges that relate to false arrests. The Department of Justice shall oversee all prosecutions related to false arrests. (Court Justices or higher will oversee all charges related to “False Arrests.”

“The Department of Justice shall oversee all prosecutions related to false arrests”

Change that sentence so it’s a civil matter, not criminal.

This way we can fight our own cases against police for false arrest, instead of having the DoJ take it over for us.

Reply with Support, or Signed and with or without your opinion.

-Pyrothan

1 Like

This I have no objection to.

1 Like

ehh it still needs to remain as a criminal charge in my opinion however it is understandable how you would want to charge em yourself

1 Like

I believe it should be a criminal charge, because if it’s truly false arrest then the officer should be punished, however I think there should be stricter guidelines on determining false arrest and explaining to the citizens of the state what those parameters are so people don’t commit crimes then start yelling false arrest or abuse and maybe explaining FRP to civilians. This would cut down the ammount of false false arrest charges. Also make it a law that filing a false court cases will lead to criminal charges.

1 Like

The officer is punished if it’s civil too! Just some free legal advice

1 Like

True^

1 Like

bump. support

1 Like

support

1 Like

As a law enforcement officer, I disagree, There needs to be a harsher punishment then Civil. Courts can’t really do much as for civil cases

1 Like

This isn’t so much for the punishment, this is more for the fact you can fight it yourself without DoJ interference, which is my main point and what I want.

1 Like

It’d be the same punishment (termination), just he can plead it himself.

1 Like

Support.

Trooper OddHawaiifiveo

1 Like

I wish i seen this before we passed the bill today.

1 Like