Petition to allow FDOT to sign off on tow consent forms

Hello, citizens of Firestone. I am connor_rb, public employee at FDOT. Currently, Firestone Laws prohibit Department of Transportation Employees from signing off on towing cars. Legally, they must be signed by a law enforcement officer or the owner of the vehicle that is being towed. Often times, DOT will receive calls of abandoned cars illegally parked or just left in the middle of a road, and we don’t want to waste a law enforcement officers time. This petition will let officers have more time chasing criminals instead of driving out to sign a consent form.

Thank you, and have a good day.

1 Like

We need this desperately please pass this petition,

HUGE SUPPORT
Senior Public Employee with Department of Transportation,
UhYouFoundZack, 1T13

1 Like

Support

1 Like

I think you should under certain circumstances.

for example if the owner is gone and there is no LEO on, you should be able to automatically sign it, however if the owner is there and there is law enforcement on, let LEO handle it, this way if they get angry about it (witch they have, they shot up DOT then come to cd and scso and unloaded hell it self)
we can handle it by arresting or citing them.

The main reason LEO handles it is to protect you guys, but as said if no LEO is one and the driver is gone you should be able to do it yourself,

Singed
BangaBus_Quit
Corporal of the Sheriff’s Office

1 Like

Link me to the law and Ill ademen it. @Connor_RB

1 Like

@TitanNation This one should be what it is I’ll keep looking for it if it isn’t.

1 Like

Necropost

1 Like

After discussion, this information seems enough to sastify the rule on bumping. Still kinda late to the party though.

1 Like

I agree with this!

1 Like