Petition for specific uniforms for DOT taxi drivers

Once again citizens, it’s Sector Supervisor a_sbestos with better plans for my brother department, the Department of Transportation.

I’ve noticed that DOT has taxicabs, but their employees drive it with the same work vest, the same hard hat working clothes, which is kind of weird because in other counties, and in real life, no taxicab driver has ever worn work clothes in a taxi. Most of the cab drivers I have seen in real life, have either shirts, (light blue, ranging to white, or pale yellow, or amongst other colors), plus a tie, shirt pockets, and a tie. This is the standard issue uniform for any transit worker, which I have seen on the Chicago Transit Authority, MTA, MBTA, Palm Tran, etc. Some cab drivers tend to wear short sleeved shirts which I find the best for DOT’s taxi workers to wear, because it’ll make them look more professional behind the wheel.

My plan was the uniform to be a shirt (light blue, gray, or white), with the DOT pin on the shirt, navy blue slacks, and that would actually look good for taxicab drivers, of specific ranks. I know some of you won’t possibly agree on me, but I swear it would make the department grow, and give more recognition to the taxicab part.

Your support is always appreciated, comment down below with your suggestion.

DMs are open at: a_sbestos the escalade ESV man#1864

13 Likes

Thank you for your support, gentlemen. If you have any problems with the color scheme ideas for the uniforms, please let me know on DMs on my inbox:
a_sbestos the escalade ESV man#1864.

Your support, ideas and opinions are always welcomed!

2 Likes

I mean, not like fed will allow it, he is a fascist but support. Feds words “I want money, and let me just say, I don’t give a damn about you, and you will do this, or your dept be gone”

5 Likes

More then sure he might, but we still try.

1 Like

I like the idea. I believe DOT already has their own polo. They just don’t wear it in the county. If we want to make it simple, they could wear that as a taxi driver.

Anyways, either way, I support this.

3 Likes

Our POLO isn’t an official group item, therefore we may not wear it.

3 Likes

Thank you for your support, kenster. The thing is, polos are used mostly for trainings and whatnot (orange one with the belt), but I was thinking if there might be a modification to that, including a more formal DOT pin, pants with a regular leather belt instead of the duty belt I’ve seen. That way, it would actually look good, as a minor in provision and taking in note it’s a short sleeve.

2 Likes

Yes, I know this. Of course you could upload to the group store, but I doubt Fed would approve.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree with that.

3 Likes

Support.

3 Likes

Yes, I will support but let me just address something. An FDOT employee would have to switch uniforms everytime they switch from another service to a taxi. Of course, this shouldn’t be an issue if you aren’t lazy. Anyway,

Support.

signature2

5 Likes

Thank you for your opinion, Katrina.
My suggestion is, that the employee should choose the job he/she wants to part take in the county at that moment, depending on state towing, state maintenance, or county rapid transit. So let’s say, one wants to part take rapid transit in that moment, the employee has to wear the correspondent uniform for the position he or she takes which is logical. But let’s hope people actually won’t be lazy, as you say. I thank you for your support.

2 Likes

I support the idea, but I think the colors could use some adjusting. The polo might look pretty good on it.

3 Likes

Instead of saying support, just hit that heart button.

3 Likes

So technically you support?

2 Likes

How about someone makes one and shows it to tactical and see if he approves. Done.

3 Likes

This is not the place for “petitions.” Thread “supports” are not allowed in development threads.

Category changed so this may keep going.

1 Like

@G_abee Actually, I do know someone who’s in DPW, and another one from DOH, they know how to do transit uniforms very well, despite the fact they did for my transit association too. I might tell a dev to approve it, it will be a success though.

2 Likes

I have alot of TacticalRider’s uniform templates for law, which the FBI unis used. I could maybe try to make one idk and idc really

2 Likes