Perceived Abuse of ELS

There’s several logical reasons why an officer might do this in the real world e.g rolling to a lower priority call or backup call that while not requiring a Code 3 “hot” response still warranted going through a light to expedite the response. Initially, I was under the assumption he was quietly answering a call… that was obviously not the case when I saw him pull into a gas station to fuel up.

1 Like

No, in real life, they do the same. They stay there, put their lights on to pass a red light, then turn them off and drive like nothing happened lmao.

2 Likes

most cops dont follow traffic laws

just like most cops dont enforce them, its the circle of life, you’re fresh out of post and they say u gotta enforce all laws including traffic, but eventually u learn that NOBODY GIVES A FUCK, and u dont bother paying mind to the black srt doing doughnuts and running reds- until the driver gets out with an ak74u and blasts you

5 Likes

As a cop, I believe the issue at hand here is vital to public trust within the community. LEO’s are always in the public eye, even when it seems “no one is watching.” That’s why a positive example should always be set.

Heck, you do POST for a reason. You take an oath when you complete POST, and you’re meant to abide by it, not just copy and paste it. Anyone who has ever completed POST has promised to “never betray their badge, integrity, character, or public trust.”

It’s tough for me to see other people saying “most cops don’t follow traffic laws” because myself and many others come home from school every day and get on this platform and we seem to have enough integrity to follow laws while we enforce them.

In this case, it still matters if the emergency lights were misused. Because that’s not setting an example for the public, so you have every right to be irritated about that.

CertifiedLaw,
State Trooper

4 Likes

This post was not meant to be an attack but a question asked out of true ignorance of the situation and how an officer is thinking at the time. I appreciate all of the answers I got but the condescension could be saved for someone who was really intending to be an irritant.

2 Likes

Thank you for admitting it

their*

they’re*

2 Likes

based

2 Likes

if you dont like it you can always ask a mod to delete a post that is wasting hard drive space…

1 Like

FS discord server ban? The one that I willingly and deliberately imposed upon me?

1 Like

I understand where you’re coming from and why you might not agree with them driving in this manner. :+1:

But unfortunately the reality is, because this is ROBLOX and Firestone especially, no one in the server is really interested in sitting at broken red lights for 2 minutes at a time. Life is too short to chill out at ROBLOX red lights.

5 Likes

I’d like to make it clear that I am an alt

I never said that.

1 Like

Sad part about Firestone is that you need to record almost non stop just in case something happens. Then you’ll have to spend time contacting proper authorities to get someone to take action if they even care. I personally don’t record unless I get attacked or feel intimidated, I want to get evidence of a crime or abuse or other similar scenarios.

I don’t agree with this one, but at the same time I’d like to see law enforcement officers pull over reckless drivers and all the cars drifting in front of cd and VA’ing pedestrians. They pose a real danger to the life of the general public compared to the guy that ran a red light somewhere in the middle of nowhere in redwood.

2 Likes

The reason they get ignored is because people cop bait 24/7. These SRTs who just drift around and crash into people are literally just attention seeking so they can then do a pursuit. 9 out of 10 times when they eventually get stopped they’ll just LTAA/RTAA. It’s not worth the time engaging with those people when they could do actually interesting rp with people that aren’t just gonna be stupid.

6 Likes

Most cop baiters that I know are fail roleplayers and trolls that have no respect for roleplay. Sadly roleplay would be almost impossible to enforce because criminals often work alone and there’s rarely moderators in game. I think Firestone is very unfriendly to criminals and getting rid of criminal record is fairly difficult. a solution to this would be more job opportunities (like postal worker currently). I think organized crime gangs and other similar criminal organizations should focus more on roleplay and enforcing it. I also think police should allow criminals to get away sometimes (not in the corrupt meaning) and by that I mean for example let rioters flee, give speeding drivers just a warning etc. (Some might disagree with this). Obviously this wouldn’t do much as there wouldn’t be much to lose if you get removed from the criminal organization.

1 Like

This is actually fairly interesting and completely valid.

Cops use ELS alllllll the fucking time even when they aren’t going anywhere. As the lowly and (arguably) better paramedic i am, watching cops maliciously use their els is a bitch.

Anyways tldr: dont do that it isnt cool fuck you post good

1 Like

That’s kinda the issue with firestone imo. The group is very heavily focused on being a cops vs robbers style game but there’s still not many fun things for either of them to do… I’m not a cop myself but from what I see 99% of law enforcement RP is hostage sits, shootouts and pursuits which are very boring. As other people have mentioned on other posts hostage sits can be fun when people actually make them last, instead of one side just shooting the other straight away. I’m sure pursuits and shootouts are fun but not all the time. It’s also annoying when you’re in non LE departments and criminals start ramming you and attacking you to bait cops. Firestone as a whole just needs to be more diverse and have more stuff to do in game for everyone that doesn’t just revolve around typing and repetitiveness.

1 Like

This game needs more focus on things like EMS and firefighting, DOT/DPW, utilities, boating, aviation etc. It focuses too much on cops and robbers but compared to other “roleplay” games there’s a bunch of diverse RP.

1 Like

Yes you are literally just paraphrasing what I said

1 Like

OUR post -USSR athem-

1 Like

y’all use ELS?

3 Likes