Perceived Abuse of ELS

First off, I’d like to make it clear that I am not a “LE basher” or anything of the sort. I have the utmost respect for those who represent law and order here. That being said, I’m sure you have all seen/heard complaints from civilians about police officers bending rules. An example of this would be something that I observed for the first time recently. I was sitting at a red light when a deputy pulled up next to me. He proceeded to turn on his overhead lights and slowly pulled through the red light, just to turn them off on the opposite side. I couldn’t help but be a bit irritated. I think that one of the most pertinent and pressing issues within LE is maintaining a good relationship with the public. Little actions such as these cause unnecessary friction between LE and the public. Why not just wait out the light? Again, I want to reiterate that I am in no way attacking or bashing LEO’s with this post. But I truly don’t understand why a LEO would do these little things when they know they already have a target on their back.

Tl;dr
What is going on in the thoughts of a LEO when he does something such as running a red light with his lights on and turns them off on the other side.

3 Likes

do you have a clip

3 Likes

People got away with even worse things lol

5 Likes

Regrettably, I was not recording.

1 Like

ok… this the one time where imma say this, SO WHAT?? no leo that has an actual life would want to drive legally, lets be honest, all leos here are guilty of doing it…

7 Likes

I appreciate your insightful addition to this conversation.

2 Likes

It’s funny because, I see this sometimes too in game. It’s even funnier when it happens in real life. :rofl:

3 Likes

It seems to be a common practice in the real world.

1 Like

that must suck then

unfortunately its your word, which is shaky at best given you’re a banned alt, against an unidentified LEO

4 Likes

you’re a banned alt

publicly calling me an alt of a fs game banned account without any evidence of such is defamation

1 Like

oh no someone ran a red :scream: whatever will we do

3 Likes

everyone knows you make a right turn, then a u-turn, then a right turn to beat the light

13 Likes

He didn’t run a red light per se. Once an officer activates there emergency lights there immune from traffic law.

3 Likes

Charge them as a terrorist I guess… maybe let’s ban them for FRP because the person on an alternative account doesn’t like it.

5 Likes

only probable solution

3 Likes

Not that it justifies it but in fairness red lights often take ages to change and I can understand not wanting to sit waiting forever when there’s no traffic. My issue is a lot of cops tend to drive on the wrong side when responding. One time I was responding to prom in medic 78 and literally 3 DHS all nearly hit me head on going the wrong way down the 401. I’m hardly a godly driver myself but I’ve narrowly avoided hitting FSP when they’ve been driving on the left for seemingly no reason coming past 50k. I’ve never recorded it as I’m too lazy to do that. I can understand sometimes driving on the wrong side maybe to pursue a suspect but I’ve seen it being done when they’re just responding to 911s. I got no proof or anything but PSA to cops please do not do this thank you

6 Likes

i do this all the time as leo cause i don’t like waiting at red lights… no cop no stop…

8 Likes

agreed and when i say agreed i mean i would never engage in such behaviour

3 Likes

you are the cop . . .

2 Likes

yes, but v2 does not allow you to cite or arrest yourself…

worker smarter not harder

4 Likes