PDP (Prominence District Police) Thoughts

Just curious to hear what you guys think about the whole idea of PDP. Is it needed? Do you want it? Just put down your thoughts on it.

2 Likes

Yes, with SCSO taking over SC jail, we need police for prom.

3 Likes

useless. no one goes to prom.

3 Likes

no one goes to prom aways

3 Likes

Yo it’s now in the crossroad for SC apparently so we need to get past it if we want to go to arbor or smth

2 Likes

cancer

2 Likes

Just to break it down, this is for Stapleton V3 not V2

2 Likes

Well, based off of the V3 map, it’s going to be a very important department as it’s the middle of two cities, which with SCSO being mainly responsible for the jail, more patrol officers need to be out, especially in an area with high concentration.

2 Likes

Even though the Sheriff’s Office might be taking over the jail, they’ll most likely still patrol as detentions will most likely be a division. Preferably I’d like DOC to stay but this is a dev thing.

My local sheriff’s office patrols unincorporated areas, aka back roads, they serve warrants/911 calls, assist local/state when needed, etc. However have divisions for Detention, SWAT, Detectives, Narcotics, School Resource Officers, Bailiffs/Courthouse, etc.

I think this will be fine, as long as car spawners and game spawns are spread out. Maybe each city providing different car dealers too. Like only a certain company to buy from in each city, and maybe a used/mixed car lot in a small town.

However I think that jurisdiction should be HEAVILY enforced if they do come along. Like not being able to arrest outside city limits (have to call state or county if they did detain outside city limits), if a pursuit exits the city they can exit but only till State/County arrives. Say only TWO units are on (Trooper/Officer) a late server, and a State Trooper presses his panic button say in Redwood, the Prom Officer should under no circumstances respond as it is out of his way.

2 Likes

With the introduction of v3, we’ll be introduced to a new layout for v3 which’ll include Prominence sitting smack damn in the middle of the map. If you want to get to Arborfield or Redwood without taking a really long way then you’ll end up going through Prominence. Prominence will also turn into a high crime rate area especially with gangs since it’ll most likely turn into an “alley city” with alleys in every corner creating potential for plenty of things. A Prominence Police Force is necessary.

DPS supports the creation of the Prominence Police Force c;

2 Likes

I haven’t seen the Public Safety Department do anything productive since its conception. Rather than just looking over the shoulders of law enforcement agencies, they should be tasked with ensuring safety and longevity in populated areas.

2 Likes

In which Prom will be populated, so instituting a police agency seems reasonable.

2 Likes

The only idea I ain’t liking is the possible DOC abolishment but what can I do, it is a dev thing.

2 Likes

If you read the DOP Press Release, it states that Jurisdiction will be enforced heavily so that PDP doesn’t become a Problem with FSP & SCSO

2 Likes

yes, lets remove a department dedicated to prisoners and the prison, and instead let the sheriffs office deal with that
man why wont i just write a book about what’ll happen next since its so predictable at this point

4 Likes

DPS: We’re the most unbiased and trustworthy department in the entirety of FS

Developers announce new department

DPS:

5 Likes

fed logic:

Remove one department to get less departments
Adds another one because one of the departments had to take over for the other one.

In all seriousness, FDOC is already trained for taking care of the prison and it’s inmates, while SCSO isn’t. It would be such a waste spending SCSO’s time on the jail, especially when it’s a primary department. SCSO has way more potential than just being FDOC with a new name. It’s legit the only diffrence, diffrent uniforms, rank structure and a primary department instead.

3 Likes

if your hired and then fired, are you going to do the same shit you did to FSP?

2 Likes

i dont think it is needed but the suggestion isn’t bad either. as long as the department is well run, then it can actually be useful

2 Likes

I feel like this will cause problems between departments. Example; FSP and FNG getting in shootouts in V1 over jurisdition.

2 Likes