Pardon System Poll

Hello folks,

As planned by our administration from the start of the election process, we aimed to create a system that would allow pardons to become more accessible and usable by the executive in order to allow for more opportunity of reasonable redemption. This would include expanding pardons to arrests (non convictions by courts) and also allowing for the potential of a board to be set up to delegate said pardons to the governor to finalize.

However, it has met some contrast in Congress so far in the way pardons should be handled, if they should include regular arrests or if they should exist at all. Due to this, I am here today to open a quick poll on the type of system the citizens would want to see for pardons and we will use this info to move forward. This will be comprised of a few questions to the public.

Should pardons encompass regular arrests (non convictions by the court)?

• Yes, regular arrests should be pardonable
  • No, stick to conviction pardons only

0 voters

How should the new potential pardon system be implemented?

• A Pardon Board mandated in regular law (not constitution)
  • A Pardon Board mandated within the constitution

0 voters

Note: The Governor would be the only one with the power in the end to decide if one should be pardoned

Should pardons continue to exist?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Comment concerns or thoughts below! (also please dont turn this toxic)

1 Like

wheres my credit when i tried to make pardon board a thing in constitution!!!

also pardons are basically useless because supreme court strikes them all down. and theres never any false convictions.

7 Likes

if the supreme court continues striking down pardons i will have to get involved

4 Likes

im gonna strike down your planes too >:(

2 Likes

I have seen, in three years, the pardon power used correctly once. So unless the pardon power is removed from the sole discretion of the Governor I will never support granting any further range to the pardon power.

2 Likes

pardons are always misused

4 Likes

To be fair, it can’t even be used 99 percent of the time as convictions generally are 1 or 2 things on a person’s record sometimes and that is the reasoning for some of those strike downs

1 Like

No, the reasoning for most of them getting struck down is the Governor pardoning his friends or LEOs who did mad illegal shit and their departments got butt hurt

1 Like

The pardon board would be filter to give governor the final option but Governor wouldnt be able to single choose a person, has to go through the board before consideration

1 Like

Name one person who misused pardon

1 Like

ash’s pardon on warrior

1 Like

And my pardon :wink:

1 Like

thank god for a competent judiciary

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like