Opinion's on the recent resignation of Senator DiazEdmundo

To be frank, I and many others believe that this investigation into his resignation was purely due to a dislike for him by people in higher positions. It is clear his intention to not resign and frankly, it seemed like his resignation was only counted in order to get him out of office due to a dislike. He was elected and clearly stated he wasn’t actually resigning.

Without Bias, do you believe Senator DiazEdmundo’s resignation should have been counted?

• Yes
  • No
  • I literally can’t give less of a shit

0 voters

Do you believe that his resignation was counted because of a bias motive?

• Yes
  • No
  • No opinion

0 voters

1 Like

This is gonna be a quirky topic for the next few days

3 Likes

Factual

1 Like

This topic was brought to u by raid shadow legends btw

2 Likes

No, it wasn’t a biased move due to the fact he quite literally did not resign.

he intended on retracting, he did not retract.

(doesn’t help his case that he & another senator left mid-session due to a bill they didn’t like)

6 Likes

Listen, there’s current senators who’ve committed felonies and literally jumped on desks so idk if that really plays a part

2 Likes

In my honest opinion, it doesn’t seem like people are fair to Senator DiazEdmundo, especially his fellow Senators. There has been (a) petition(s) for him to resign and I believe his image has been manipulated as a result of this.

Going back to the topic, in my general opinion, yes I do believe that his resignation was due to dislike by his higher ups. The Lieutenant Governor should have notified Senator DiazEdmundo (regardless if it is an obligation) that intent to retract and retraction are two different things, especially given the circumstances to which Senator DiazEdmundo initially placed his resignation.

5 Likes

it was racially motivated. give diaz his seat back

3 Likes

Perhaps Mr Edmundo should have stated in the “Intent to Retract” notice that he was not intending to, in fact that he was retracting his resignation. If the former Senator hadn’t messed around by posting a resignation, it wouldn’t have happened, it’s his own fault and he should have thought of that

4 Likes

If a Senator doesn’t know the difference, why can we trust him to write legislation that is supposed to be readible, make sense and actually be enforceable?

5 Likes

it was a simple case of one wrong word. The intention was clear and if the intention is enough to imprison criminals, it is enough for him to withdraw his resignation.

1 Like

Hi!
Lawyer man here

Legally, his resignation was delivered TO THEM saying he is resigning.

Legally, the INTENTION to resign does NOT constitute resignation.
So the INTENTION to retract does NOT constitute retraction.

(no disrespect meant) but 90% of the people taking this poll are legally inept when it comes to reisgnation.

8 Likes

legally it doesnt matter

it isnt. Beyond a reasonable doubt.

3 Likes

Yes but this is Roblox and when I simple mistake in a word is made, it is honestly a garbage move to do. A much more simple way to avoid anything was to ensure he meant to resign, two seconds and this all would be prevented.

2 Likes

Yeah so is half the shit we do as a whole in this state. That’s how the cookie crumbles.

4 Likes

No. it was not a “simple case of wrong words”, it was an attention-seeking ploy.

Submits notice in state announcements,

realizes nobody said anything in general except for a handful, submits “intent to retract” the resignation

(keep in mind the resignation was submitted & the intention to retract was all in under an hour.)

Nobody lost anything except for him wanting to receive attention from it.

3 Likes

The Lt Governor was not aware of the resignation’s unlawfulness. The resignation had slipped everyone’s mind.

As superman said, this is a lesson to not be a dumbass with resignations.

3 Likes

Didn’t you do the same thing on the same day?

1 Like

I mean it’s pretty clear that the reason it was looked at real quick was due to someone who doesn’t like him cough Auto cough bringing it to Cool’s attention.
However, legally he did in fact resign whether you like it or not. The fact that his resignation was followed is not based on bias, as it’s simply a matter of fact that he did resign.
If you compare it to the joke resignation thing Auto did for April 1st you can see a clear difference between how Auto (actually) retracted her joke resignation and how Diaz attempted to do it.

7 Likes

i didnt want attention and i wish you would shut up sometimes i resigned because of what was in the letter you are a massive bandwagoner

1 Like