Opinions Needed - Redwood Consumer Protection Act

yeah this bill was very much unnecessary, and im glad its vetoed. no benefits at all.

5 Likes

Cranky didn’t write a terrible bill??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

For the councilmen who decided to vote for the bill initially, for the love of god don’t vote to overturn the veto. This bill by far contradicts allowing businesses to set an item for whatever price they desire. We shouldn’t have state or municipality government controlling how much an item should be sold at a maximum to the consumer from a business. Let there be a free reign in a competitive market.

3 Likes

He did, many

1 Like

Yes he has…. stop being bum buddies with him and you’ll see

We are all ears on suggestions . Feel free to contact myself or another council member

1 Like

Furthermore, Municipality and State government should discuss with Commerce Administration and actual employees & employers related to the private sector before proposing bogus bills such as this. Councilmen and Congress should not push regulations just because they can. Discussion should be handled with certain departments or individuals before they decide to even propose such bill.

4 Likes

YES!!!

1 Like

just dont try regulating prices on items, simple as that. There’s no suggestion to be made, it’s common sense to let businesses decide their own prices and not for the council to make an attempt at pushing something that clearly is not favored by anyone.

4 Likes

as redwood office of commerce relations director, this is an awful idea as it’ll probably take away our amazing economy in redwood. i swear if the council tries to overturn this and harm our redwood merchants. . .

3 Likes

Reject communism and embrace capitalism

4 Likes

coming after my capitalist ideals and values is an act of war, redwood city council is now a threat to all capitalists

2 Likes

Legislatively, a decent bill. Politically? Man just threw away any chances of re-election, ever.

2 Likes

Name the “bad” laws he has written?

2 Likes

Bad. Is. Subjective.

2 Likes

will do when I get chance

I dont know if its ones he has written, rather than what he has done, and what he has supported.

1 Like

Let’s say eventually there was more tech in v2 where we could privately sell cars or technological items. Your telling us to basically sell a car or phone that is a item for $25 FSD max. When we might of bought it for 1k

2 Likes

While I disagree with the idea what you are saying is a very “what-if” situation

2 Likes

i honestly dont see why it’s needed

people just chose whats too expensive and what isnt

ultimately, it holds no purpose, is practically unenforcable, and isnt constitutionally required to be enforced in a court

veto/10

3 Likes