Opinions Needed - Redwood Consumer Protection Act

The Redwood City Council has recently passed a bill called the “Redwood Consumer Protection Act 2022” and as the Mayor I have the ability to veto it or sign it. The act prohibits businesses in Redwood from selling items for more than 25 FSD. I feel like this is stupid as it should be up to the business owners to set their own price on items they sell. I believe that the government shouldn’t force businesses to sell items for 25 FSD or less. If the consumer doesn’t want to buy an item because it is too expensive then they should just not buy it. Simple as that. No one is forced to buy anything from a business.

I am leaning on vetoing the bill however I thought that I would make a poll to see what the citizens want. The City Council hasn’t made a poll instead they just wrote a bill that limits businesses creating more unnecessary government control. Please explain your thoughts in the comments section.

Link to bill: Trello

• The bill should become law
  • The bill should NOT become law

0 voters

Signed,

HippoRarest
Redwood Mayor

1 Like

If items doesn’t include people then I think you should pass it. Damn government trying to dictate for how much I can sell my slaves

14 Likes

I personally object to this due to the fact that you’re pushing future businesses away from Redwood. If a business isn’t able to dictate their own prices based on what they believe is reasonable, they will locate elsewhere.

8 Likes

This will hurt the redowood commerce industry in a huge way. Businesses should be able to keep their ability to choose their own prices. Businesses have employees to pay, as well as other possible expenses. In the end, this restricts businesses in a bad way.

4 Likes

why the fuck is this a thing… god is this month the competition to see who can draft the worst bill? first the open carry act and now this

5 Likes

If it does get passed firestone would be more realistic as the government does more controversial things!

1 Like

NO.

3 Likes

Cranky wons so far

1 Like

True. I regret having co-sponsored the old open carry bill. I should have looked deeper into it. In the end it was vetoed.

1 Like

What good would a bill like this bring to the community, and what about businesses that have property in multiple cities, how would that be enforced?

4 Likes

This is a huge mistake, obviously the councilmen are not business owners. This is a huge mistake.

Even with food I disagree but if something like technology or something comes this would also be even more horrible.

Signed
Best Business Owner In Redwood

4 Likes

It’s the employees who make money in the end so the bill is just hurting them

1 Like

Ah, I love messing with redwood’s industry!

2 Likes

There should be another way of protecting consumers instead of just limiting on the price

3 Likes

Best :skull::skull::skull:

1 Like

I have vetoed the bill however the council may overturn the veto.

2 Likes

bye bye thriving private sector in Redwood

If they do, this is the shittest council of all time

1 Like

@HippoGamingRB you got the votes for the bill and who voted what way?

1 Like