Opinion on DPS

iibent is good dep sec

2 Likes

I still think I should be invited smh @iiPenagramz

2 Likes

While I understand where you come from, back in 2018 Fed himself forbid Internal Affairs for all Departments and declared it DPS’ job to deal with employee reports. This is why it is the way it is today. We are tasked with enforcing activity and setting standards. However, thank you for your feedback and I will look into any way we can possibly reduce too much control.

6 Likes

The reason why most people actually hate DPS is because DPS’ responsibility is to investigate misconduct and stuff from departments and their employees, because they’ll investigate people it naturally create a hatred for DPS because they were investigated or because DPS had to investigate something, think of it why people irrationally hate police, because they’re doing their job…

As for an actual problem that DPS should correct, administration should instruct the investigators to cease using verdict judgements of “guilty or not guilty of such and such” because their responsibility is to determine whether someone violated a policy or had done some misconduct, it’s up to the courts to decide whether someone is guilty or not guilty of crimes not DPS. Investigators should instead be saying “As per my investigation I’ve determined that joe blo has not violated any sections of his departments policy during the course of his duties…”.
It also sounds like cringe listening to DPS investigators say guilty or not guilty on someone…

11 Likes

Well, the DPS secretary recently ordered for the department of public works to be spam tag all of the department in DPS general chat. The Department of public safety also banned all of DPW hicomm from the discord for no reason except that the secretary was banned for inappropriate memes that he posted in our discord that was specifically made aware to everyone in the discord server via announcements however the secretary decided to do it even after these announcements. These are some of the reasons you may be getting called corrupt.

6 Likes

Thank you for this crucial and insightful opinion of yours. Personally, as BCA (Bar Certified Attorney), I’ve tried to put a lot of emphasis on the fact that DPS is not responsible and is not allowed to rule on things like “false citation/arrest” etc. That is something for the courts to resolve in civil matters and I have instructed employees in multiple announcements to not take those cases and to deny them/send them to the courts. I will be, in the future, releasing a handbook for investigators that will cover essential basic legal knowledge which is needed for the job which, hopefully, will resolve your issue and the issue that DPS rules on matters they have no jurisdiction over.

With this having been said, I understand your concern and you can look forward to seeing these changes in the coming week as I have already had them planned for a short while now. Thank you again.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. I have realized and witnessed a lot of issues relating back to the Secretary (t1dtony). Sadly, I can not do anyhting about that and you’d have to go to the governor himself. I deeply apologize for the actions of the secretary and can ensure you that they do not reflect DPS as a whole. Yes, we may mass tag individuals sometimes, but not entire roles. Sorry again, thank you for your input.

4 Likes

I wasn’t in Firestone until late 2019 so a lot of the stuff that happened before that I am not fully aware of. I just believe that unless it becomes so out of control it shouldn’t be DPS’ job to once again enforce activity and basically “declare” things to be done, etc.

On the investigative side of DPS, I love the idea and I believe it works a lot better than having an IA division in every department. Enforcing the policies that each department has set through DPS and your own policies for conduct is something I am not against nor will I ever.

I also appreciate you making this forum post and taking people’s opinions into consideration or at least having it in mind because that at least makes the public aware that you guys do care.

7 Likes

bc ppl get CAUGHT and no one likes that. also like Atlantic said it’s similar tow why people hate on police

6 Likes

Understandable. Just for transparency: We deny a lot of cases for being bad and obviously a “revenge case”, and also hand a lot of cases to department command. Only a fraction (if I had to guess around 30%) of cases are actually investigated by us.

As for “enforcing activity”, we only ever make Public Safety Directives (PSD) which outline the Lowest standards a department is expected to have. As far as policies go: We mandate a department to craft their own promotional and disciplinary policy for fairness to the employees and no unfair treatment and mandate at least 1 hour of patrol time (or an equivalent for training divisions/academies). A department can easily ask for more or variated stuff, and we only ask for basics. But, we try to limit the PSDs a lot i norder to ensure departments have enough wigglign room.

4 Likes

More like 10%

5 Likes

While that is true, and I agree a lot of hate comes from us simply doing our job and punishing people who messed up, there are also other concerns, as have already been shown, which need to be addressed which don’t simply come down to us “doing our job”. DPS, by no means, is perfect, and it probably never will be. But this is just an attempt to help make the public image and relation to departments as healthy as possible while still retaining the core purpose of DPS.

5 Likes

absolutely useless

5 Likes

I love DPS.

5 Likes

be more transparent with your operations. i understand this can be difficult because you guys don’t operate in the county. but, host events, post your completed investigations in a public channel in your discord. you guys aren’t going to have people checking your trello every day, but they check discord every day.

5 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion. Personally, I’m not good with events nor am I good with V2 because I’m the laggiest boi around, but, it’s certainly something to look into. Indirectly, all disciplinary actions, be it through DPS or through departments, are logged in a channel in the DPS discord. Making announcements on things that are accomplished internally is certainly something we can look into doing. Thank you again.

3 Likes

FUCK DA POLICE COMIN STRAIGHT FROM THE UNDERGROUND

Snitches get snitches
all DPS are snitches!

5 Likes

Sure. It’s already been drastically less and it’s getting old by now.

4 Likes

This is another “chant” I’ve been hearing a lot

DPS themselves aren’t the snitches. The people who report the cases are. Then again, being a snitch isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes it’s to make people aware of wrongdoings and issues that are going on. DPS itself has been reducing department oversight. We only sep in when multiple reports arise from outside of DPS.

3 Likes

Adding on to this I Got 230 pings from the FPS discord this frustrates me so much. I also think that the dpw high com should get a unban from the server as they didn’t really do anything. You can’t ban someone from a department discord for no reason.

5 Likes