OliverSteph for House

My fellow citizens of Firestone,

The time must come in which we realize the increasing need for change within this great state. As our government expands against the tireless efforts of many officials, we move away from our true focuses. We must now focus on the needs of our citizens, business owners, law enforcement officers and fire and medical personnel. The State of Firestone has had a drastically increased crime level, homeless level and a large population of disabled people, yet we seem to be doing nothing. The constant alarms of ATMs being robbed, disability permits being applied for and denied and little to no housing.

As a Representative for this great state, I promise to do the following:

-Restart the disability permit program for those who are physically handicapped.

-Listen to local Business owners to find out how we, the state can benefit them.

-Create bills to refocus the usage of law enforcement onto more severe crimes.

-Increase the protections of unarmed employees through stricter punishment of violent crimes against them.

-Host biweekly public conferences to see the requests of the citizens and what they would like to see changed.

My current (and past) positions within the State of Firestone:

-Stapleton County Councilman
-Stapleton County Fire Department Candidate
-Firestone Chemical Research and Development CEO

“A Vote for me is a vote for change!”

Please DM me any questions you may have about my campaign and I will answer as soon as possible!

Signed,
OliverSteph

4 Likes

Support

3 Likes

https://gyazo.com/6f80a12b9055ff576168e73468360401
Support by Caliente_Rank

2 Likes

Support

Signed,
DaMysticYoda

3 Likes

Support by Representative John D. Ryans
https://gyazo.com/4725ab477517f3f69b04530acbe891a6

2 Likes

Support!

Oliver is eager to be a voice for the PEOPLE of Firestone and not his own self interests. I look forward to working with him on legislation to improve the private sector.

3 Likes

Support by Representative Floatmanjason
https://gyazo.com/904b27f71f462925aaa7245a0a210bb6

2 Likes

DOT: handicapped division: :sweat_smile:

• Support

3 Likes

support

3 Likes

Everyone says this in their election speech and never follows through with it. What are you going to do to make sure these meetings are hosted bi-weekly?

Like what bill? If you could give at least a little glimpse of the legislation you plan to propose that will make LE refocus on more severe crimes, that’d be great.

The Department of Transportation does this and handles this very well.

5 Likes

Support

3 Likes

support

3 Likes

support

3 Likes

support

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Hello! Thank you for your questions!

1. I will ensure that I set a time for every meeting, it will be hosted at local businesses (hopefully) in order to support them fully.

2. Yes! I’d attempt to refocus LEOs attention from lower level, primarily nonviolent crimes such as disorderly conduct to higher, violent crimes such as assault. Of course nonviolent offenses would still be prosecuted and arrestable but it would steer towards a safer climate. My plan currently is to hopefully work hands on with POST and LEOs to implement training based on prioritizing select calls.

3. According to the many people I have heard from, they do not do this well. In fact they deny most applications except for DOT HiComm (From disabled and DOT members)

2 Likes

Great! Thanks for answering my questions!

Support!

3 Likes

supporT

3 Likes

My issue here is that you are a candidate for the SCFD. Should you be elected you will be required to leave the fire department. Which to me shows that you don’t want to get past a training phase, or put in the work to a department. I also wish to point you have been with the fire department for almost a month and have only done 1 patrol. What would you say to that?

3 Likes

Hello! As I’ve discussed with others, my goal is to pass legislation keeping SCFD safer, after my term I hope to reapply! I also have contacted over 15 instructors and none have been available for a shift.

2 Likes