New idea for calls over VC

This new idea placed by one of the founders (idk who) of using the VC to do voice situations raise the problem that there are many LEOs who are banned from the main server, and subsequently cannot take part in said voice communications. Will the fix be to go through the ban appeals, or just “too bad so sad” kind of thing?

5 Likes

I dont even think we should try to use this as the system is fine as it is. However, LEOs can deny to using the VC so pretty sure all will be fine.

3 Likes

This also brings certain issues regarding our legal system. How will POID work with regards to actions over VC.

6 Likes

It’s really only possible to establish POID in VC if there is a video recording of the entire screen, specifically including Discord, and the person’s voice is definitively linked to the Roblox user by regular copy ID of the person’s avatar glowing green when they speak and not glowing when they stop speaking. Although it would be difficult.

5 Likes

I don’t think the DOJ will be prosecuting very many cases relying on VC proof… just from what I’ve seen publicly… so it shouldn’t exactly be an issue…

4 Likes

This isn’t a new idea, it’s always been a thing, Fed just decided to encourage it by announcing it. Those that are banned shouldn’t of broken the rules 9 times.

4 Likes

Fed said in VC earlier that POID works by the fact you can tell whose voice it is (yes ik, not the smartest thought) but someone then bought up the fact of the overlay turned on for ROBLOX as names and pfps will show on the overlay and everyone should have their names set to their callsigns and usernames unless they’re breaking rules and fed agreed with it

2 Likes

Sure, if that username is then additionally linked to the actual Roblox user

4 Likes

you need to verify the discord user id, as anyone can change their nickname/username/profile picture.
this is done by copying and pasting the userid in video recordings.

watch any court case where discord is used as evidence, and you can see this being done to be able to verify the identity (usually followed up with a whois on publicFirestone).

there is no way to establish POID (over discord) otherwise, if this weren’t the case, fabrication would be trivial.

4 Likes

Gotta agree, it’d be very easy to fabricate evidence without that.

4 Likes

I concur with you on this one… you have to have more than just a video overlay

4 Likes

I don’t think y’all will be unbanned really, you just have to appeal.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m aware, I was just saying what Fed said. The whole system’s a bit dodgy and can be so many loopholes and it wouldn’t work in court well. I’d be excited to see how the House and Senate wraps their head around this one because it’s gonna take a lot of brainstorming and discussion.

3 Likes

2 days in and I don’t think anyone used this feature yet besides fed himself.

3 Likes

appeals arent followed through with

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes