New Constitution Discussion: What should be omitted or otherwise revised?

Remember to take the New Constitution Survey to help us determine certain aspects and what should be done with existing sections.

The Firestone Constitutional Convention is following the below guidance plan, we begin with the first step:

This thread is created to fulfill such a task, determining the outdated and (or) unenforced sections of our current Constitution. Currently, our Constitution has many outdated parts that are still effective to this day. A good example is the entirety of article 6 on inactivity, this has remain well-unenforced for a while. We encourage all viewers of this thread to make their input known and reply, we accept all legitimate suggestions and thoughts.

Why is this important? This is to clear up unnecessary clutter in our current Constitution to make the path of a new one easier for the people of Firestone. Once all unnecessary parts have been omitted, we will promptly begin the process of introducing new parts to the project and instill them within our current Constitution. Of course, all of this will be done gradually to ensure nothing is rushed and leaves certain authorities in a state of confusion. Once all new parts have been so amended, we will wrap all of these amendments together + with any remaining sections to have a new, reformatted, and reorganized Constitution ready for our state to utilize and thrive with.

Discuss below, what should be removed or otherwise revised within the current Constitution?

3 Likes

sure bro i like it

2 Likes

stop electing every single congressional seat at the same time

5 Likes

fed will most likely not let that happen @SurrealReality

2 Likes

sir you are SPECIAL ELECTION go away jk heart

2 Likes

lower congressional seats? hot topic but now I think it needs to be done

4 Likes

impeach skye

5 Likes

i like it!

2 Likes

what would you think about staggered elections?

2 Likes

Back in my time we proposed the idea but it was hard to implement as you would have a weird catch up term where not all seats are filled.

2 Likes

Bump.

2 Likes

For the love of god can Firestone become a part of the union. Would solve SO many judicial matters along with benefits for the executive and legislature. We’d have solid precedents legally and plenty of room ourselves to do whatever we wish, just with the added benefit of what being a state in the US would bring.
I know Fed has said no in the past, but doing this would make government much more functional and realistic (not to mention more professional). I know y’all don’t like comparisons to Mayflower, but they’re a US state and they’ve got some solid legal and legislative RP going for them, while we’re not exactly fully there yet. Doing this would help literally everyone.

3 Likes

I understand where you’re coming from and I can even agree but Fedora probably won’t permit it and nor would others who believe Firestone should remain as an independent entity.

2 Likes

Firestone, Mayflower, Atoll, Aigio, New York, Theodore, Harkmint and other rostates should remain independent. All joining the “union” would do is put a completely foreign power over our heads and make it so that we are governed by individuals who have no clue how Firestone operates and probably what Firestone even is. Sorry but I refuse to be governed by a government of officials who have nothing to do with Firestone and the way it operates. I trust the representatives and senators and governments and court officials who run this state, thats why I vote them into office.

How is allowing a foreign power to govern us going to make us more stable and improve our government? And since when was Mayflower a US state? If you dont remember Mayflower was recently in the G4 alliance with us and we also not only recognize them but maintain relations with them. And how are we not there yet?

dangerzone1111
DHS:FPS Officer, FNG PFC

2 Likes

No thanks, maybe let’s not fuck ourselves by binding ourselves to following a 200+ year old document that we can’t alter.

4 Likes

But Danny, democracy is boring :pensive:

3 Likes

If Firestone becomes a part of the union, we aren’t “governed by individuals who have no clue how Firestone operates”, we just enjoy the history of the United States through legal precedents in the courts along with a baseline of the Constitution and its amendments.

Mayflower has always been a member of the union, it’s canon as stated by the founders and developers of the state. Failings of the G4 aside, Mayflower doesn’t fully abide by the rules of the union either (as I mentioned in my reply to danny), and chooses which parts of US government and legislation they follow. Including that on foreign relations.

(@SerZhukov)

2 Likes

An understandable approach to the Constitution, however we aren’t fully bound to it if we decide to become a member of the union. Since we aren’t actually joining the union, we can pick and choose what we want to include and exclude, including some of the Constitution if it is deemed best for the interests of the state. The goal with this isn’t complete obedience and adherence to the union, rather just incorporating some of its governmental aides that would better smooth out our current government in its operation and execution of its duties.

2 Likes

I’m all in for using U.S. legal principles (in fact some of our current principles are inspired by them) and their well-developed jurisprudence. As a Judge, I’m actively trying to structure my judgments using applicable case law and principles in an effort to answer all legal questions presented from a case and, really, lead Firestone into a new age. This is something that is also trying to be done via the Constitutional Convention Project which is progressing smoothly so far.

I don’t think we need to join the U.S. per se but we should adapt to their principles and popularize the usage of relevant case law to develop our very own jurisprudence which has been pretty stagnant.

3 Likes

I commend you for doing that and trying to elevate the quality of jurisprudence in Firestone. The whole point of “joining the union” is to normalize borrowing elements of the United States system of governance and its history through the courts, their opinions, and the federal level so that we are able to further bring Firestone’s level and competency regarding governance to a new and higher-quality level - and to be clear I’m not stating that our current system is terrible, it’s just that it could be so much greater, and this is a way to do it.
In my honest opinion though, it’s rather silly to borrow precedent from a nation or union on a regular and consistent basis, and I honestly can’t think of any downsides to joining the union. We’re able to pick and choose what we want from the United States system while remaining pretty much entirely independent and free to do as we choose.
Taking one look at Mayflower informs us that it is successful and does indeed lead to that better governance and jurisprudence that I mentioned earlier, and I don’t know of anyone who is in opposition to that. Just some food for thought, and hopefully future change, for the better.

2 Likes