My Opinion

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS MY OWN OPINION. DON’T COME HERE WITH YOUR FANGIRL CRAP. I WANT YOUR OPINION; THOUGH IN A CIVILIZED MANNER. FINALLY, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STAY ON TOPIC.

Personally,

I believe that Sub-Cabinet (Deputy Secretary and/or equivalent) should be appointed by the Governor (by recommendation of the Secretary) and confirmed by the Senate. This will allow the Senate Appointments Committee to review those nominees and base their recommendation to the Senate of their committee review.

This would allow for the citizens to actually witness this process and get an insight.

Signed,
Brotix_RBLX

1 Like

Uh your signature didn’t show up sir.

Edit: I agree with this as well, giving the governor a bit more oversight into who’s leading each department allows him to make sure nothing fishy is going on.

4 Likes

While this does sound like a good idea, it is just redundant in practice. When the Governor nominates someone for a position, they believe in their ideas and plans, which include potentially nominating people to their HICOMM positions, such as Deputy Secretary. With the Secretarial nomination, the Deputy Secretary is going to be someone who lines up with the ideals of the Secretary, who the Governor has already chosen, making the nomination of the Deputy Secretary through the Senate redundant like I have already said.

2 Likes

To go off what you said, when the governor appoints someone he/she needs to trust them enough when appointed to let them select people he will trust as well or know can get the job done. The role of the governor is not to appoint every high level official. The cabinet he appoints then should be smart and trustworthy enough to appoint subcabinets. If they aren’t, simply stated, they shouldn’t be cabinet.

2 Likes

Clearly we’re not understanding the concept of Cabinet. Let’s take the US President for example, he appoints the Deputy Secretaries, even lower in some cases. The US DOJ’s Deputy and Associate Attorney Generals are appointed by the President. Why can’t we have a similar system that will allow for better cohesion and better functions of the Legislative and Executive Branches?

1 Like

big words xD

#Support

1 Like

I completely agree with this concept, especially with the recent uproar because of certain situations. Let us not forget that the Governor is the head of the Executive Branch, and he should control who has second to most power in a department.

2 Likes

This isn’t such a bad idea, to be honest. But maybe having the member of Cabinet actually recommending it instead of the Governor could be better. Of course, the governor could change it if it’s really needed.

1 Like

Indeed.

1 Like

Why…? The Governor appoints the DH anyway, so him appointing the DDH makes no sense. Especially wasting Congressional time on it; because now each department needs two confirmations. Also, since it isn’t a line of succession thing the Governor can pick someone for the office that isn’t the DDH and then it just serves no purpose. Also, this means that the DH couldn’t fire their Deputy.

1 Like
  1. Certain provisions can be made.
  2. So what if “each department needs two confirmations?” It’s not like every day he/she [the Governor] would have to nominate people.
  3. Realistically, not all nominated positions can only be fired by the Governor.

Signed,
Brotix_RBLX

1 Like

Appointed by the Secretary, approved by the governor.

• Faster process.
  • Gives secretary some power in his/her department
  • Governor still approves of that departments leadership.

Though, Governor appoints someone (s)he will trust to lead the department. This is roblox, not the united states. If the governor does not have faith in that departments administration, he will replace the head or make clear of his concerns/ambitions of the department.

2 Likes

You’ve gone off topic. I asked for your opinion on my method. Not another method.

1 Like

Owhale. I give my opinion, as you have also done.

1 Like

Your opinion was not on the topic. I specifically said “…FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STAY ON TOPIC.” The topic was not Secretary appoints, Governor approves. It was Governor nominates and the Senate confirms.

A simple opinion would be, “I agree or disagree and because.” Not giving me another method.

1 Like

owhale

1 Like

Not to mention this is unrealistic af…?

1 Like

(as an example) https://www.senate.gov/legislative/nom_confc.htm Unrealistic, huh?

1 Like

Are we a country sir? We are a state, and I don’t know a US state or Canadian Providence that’s legislature and Governor/Premier does this.

1 Like

If we are a “state,” why can we start “wars?”

1 Like