My Opinion on the Gubernatorial Election

I would like to reassure everyone that I am and will continue to be completely neutral during elections whilst I hold my position.

However, I believe it would be right to urge the People not to vote for the most “popular” candidate. Gov. Laffy was a “popular” individual in our community but did nothing to help us when elected (wasn’t even here to acknowledge his governorship). Nonetheless, I really feel that all individuals that will be voting in the Gubernatorial Election should actually vote with their mind and put all this popularity contest thing behind
everything when casting this vote.

It is imperative that we elected a Governor that has a plan set out and will do things the right way–who will always have the People in mind during their actions and will come to their senses during their tenure.

Choose wisely, Firestonians.

2 Likes

Due to supreme court interpretation, laffy cannot run for Lt Gov due to the fact he has been governor two times, and a governor might resign so.

2 Likes

I was just using it as an example to not sway votes to the most “popular” candidate.

2 Likes

Finally, another person who realizes.

2 Likes

Ah, understood, apologies. But I agree, it needs to be someone who KNOWS how to do the job, not someone who’s popular. I wouldn’t vote for anyone who tells me to “go fucking die”, but I concur.

1 Like

Yeah, we really need to do something about this epidemic that’s soon to take over the state.

2 Likes

You all realize that compared to rl politics this shit is tame. US, Canadian, British, Russian, whatever world power’s politics are this x1000 come time for elections. At least here we don’t flat out lie, cheat, bribe, and corrupt. Politics is after all an intended popularity contest.

2 Likes

Factual information!

1 Like

laffy got impeached close to the half of the first two months of the term so he only completed about half of his second term

1 Like

FS Gubernatorial elections shouldn’t be a popularity contest, it should be about the Policies and the experience the Candidates brings to the table.

3 Likes

Thank you my dudes.

1 Like

Atleast OVG isnt assassinating candidates like our cough russian counterparts cough

1 Like

What the hell…

1 Like

Honestly the only two candidates I’m torn between are Amer or Buts – they both have the experience. Unsurprisingly they’re also both famous for their political experience. There’s one candidate I know has a chance due to his popularity but has limited political experience if you consider these two.

1 Like

Yeah but see one tells people to go fucking die and that they’re a 9 year old inactive piece of shit, the other doesn’t. So I’m pretty much going for buts

2 Likes

Isn’t this OVG’s 2nd term and can’t run?

1 Like

Nice slander titan. @xKoytoPenguin he served like 31 days as Governor before, so sadly he can run.

1 Like

I’ll chip in, given that I have been mentioned by name.

The second term was a mistake. I simply shouldn’t have run, and my sense of duty and loyalty towards the state and the people overruled any apprehension or sense of foreboding I may have felt about the coming term.

This is an important message to send to anyone who may be considering now whether or not to run for office: make sure that you’re not only running for the right reasons, but that you actually want to do it. I think I got this balance right in my first term as Governor, as I was keen to do the job and I felt I was in it for the right reasons – a sentiment I hope others may share. It was a balance I was not able to strike when running for my second term.

I cannot judge my own popularity or claim to understand the motivations of the electorate when they voted for myself and GetEnveloped (in my first term) and myself and BennamStyle the second time around: that would naturally be arrogant. I like to think that I won a second term because my first term was actually ‘OK’, as opposed to some unknown quantity of popularity for the sake of popularity – but as I say, it is impossible to be certain about the intentions of a collective group of people.

In any case, I think most people can acknowledge that elections in Firestone are largely about ‘popularity’ in more general terms, as opposed to any measure of competence or what someone can really offer to that particular office. However, we’re fortunate that our current administration is very competent and seems to be very much on the ball, and I hope this is a trend that continues into the next term and beyond.

3 Likes

If we had more people like laffy, Firestone would be a better place.

1 Like

Once again, I will stay neutral in debates regarding the elections, however, it really is a popularity contest now. New candidates that want to try have great ideas, and fresh eyes on the government could really help. Some people are better than the leading candidates, but nobody cares to think about them, they just go with the leading one since they think “Oh look, they’re popular, everyone knows them, hecc let’s get them into the government”.

That’s not how it should work. This seriously needs to change.

2 Likes