My opinion on POST Tiers

My opinion written here this afternoon reflects only on my experience going through P.O.S.T, and the issues I’ve seen, attending tiers, and the problems I would like to publicly address. No comment here shall be directed towards anyone, besides the POST academy itselfl; not the people running it, just POST in general.

POST TIERS

Now I completley understand that there is a Tier ranking system within P.O.S.T. to divide up the curriculum, and allow time to be spent on the individual topics to prepare us civilians to enter a law enforcement agency. I actually like the fact that since there is so much to cover, that they’re seperated.

HOWEVER:
I do not agree with wasting over 8 hours of my life on the academy, and then being removed 100% and have to re-take 8 HOURS worth of tiers again, the FOLLOWING month, because scheduling doesn’t always work out for the individuals going through the academy.

This is my opinion, and I believe 100% that if you make it to say Tier 4, or Tier 5, and all of a sudden you’re booted back, I believe this is wrong. I understand there are classes, but theres no reason to have to do 8-10 MORE hours of tiers, when you’ve already PASSED them, and made it through to where you got so far.

DISCORD POLICY

Another thing I am concerned about is the POST discord policy, where you’re required to be in the Discord Voice Channel when attending a tier. I don’t think it’s right, no reasoning, I just don’t like the policy.

I’ve kind of turned this into a rant post, so, enjoy it while you’re reading it.

CURRICULUM UPDATES

I also do not approve of the POST curriculum being updated during the monthly class, this allows others to see information, and some others not to see it. I believe the curriculum should only be updated, when classes are not being held. I experienced it happening today, the instructor said someone edited, and updated the curriculum DURING my tier… I just don’t think it is the right thing to do.

Now, none of you care, but I wasted 7-8 hours of my life going through POST, 3 of those today on Tier 4, and now I’m booted out. It has been THREE YEARS since I’ve joined the State of Firestone that I’ve tried to get through POST, and it has never worked. Either I am two minutes late to a tier, or they’re being hosted AFTER 12AM EST…

Sorry for ranting, DELETE IF NOT ALLOWED…
-Ceno

adding all of this up, I think the tier reset is absolute B.S. and that’s my opinion.

5 Likes

Time for me to reform the curriculu- oh wait.

6 Likes

Serious note:

The system you struggle with was supposed to be replaced in the rebuild, which was foolishly aborted by the new Director. The plan was to make campus tiers fully interactive with most of the classroom material being online. The purging of all Cadets after every class is somewhat new, but only occurred for tiers 1- 3 as some people fall short due to life. It’s quite ridiculous that the new administration has done that.

On top of that, it is completely inappropriate for the administration to change the curriculum during the class.

6 Likes

up to instructors

3 Likes

There are definitely some flaws as stated by the opinion. Such as changing curriculum during a tier. However, teaching, learning, and making curriculum isn’t easy as it sounds

2 Likes

i actually think this is cool
as a lazy person id love to just say all the notes out loud when instructing a tier instead of pasting everything

4 Likes

why is everyone always complaining about POST? POST this, POST that…

2 Likes

Because we have the right to? :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Only problem I see is the “has to be in VC” policy. It is not far to cadets who are not allowed by their parents (like me) to be in voice chats.

3 Likes

I mean, when I first got into POST, I was shocked by the length of the tiers.
But, I mean, for most people, the tiers are in the right time for them. I didn’t get to do many tiers at the beginning, but I got it done on the last day. Nothing really wrong with POST in my opinion. I can see why you dislike the timing though.

2 Likes

As a European I’m very happy that the booting wasn’t implemented yet when I attended POST. I think it took me like 2 or 3 months to get all the tiers done due to a lack of European Instructors at the time (not sure how they’re doing with that now). I would’ve been booted a few times and it would’ve taken me a long time and a lot of effort to graduate. Heck, even to graduate when I did I had to stay up late and attend tiers around or after midnight.

4 Likes

Shmmm me agree with all stuff above and i wanna add something

THEY NEED TO LEARN HOW TO USE @everyone! DO I LOOK LIKE I CARE WHEN SOMONE RESIGNS OR GOES ON LOA. IM LEGIT GOING TO SUE POST NEXT TIME WHEN THEY TAG EVERYONE AS I ALWAYS GET AN HEARTATTACK CUZ IT MAKES ME SO AMGRY.

1 Like
  1. @Murphystem Nobody cares about discord tags, get over it.
  2. I agree with all items and I think POST should change!
2 Likes

Thanks for all of the input! I just believe tiers 4-5 shouldn’t have to be booted… Something I don’t think should be done, especially if you ATTEMPTED to make it that far… Thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes