Move Port Authority to being under SCSO

So I would recommend Port Authority being put under as a division for SCSO. FSP already has ASU and their protection division. SCSO only has SWAT. I think people would appreciate it if this was a division under SCSO so it isn’t another spinoff department without much need independently. SCSO only has one subdivision while FSP has two already, three if you count their ability to do checkpoints. This would bring balance and give people in SCSO a less tactical subdivision they can work towards.

3 Likes

isn’t papd already secondary; could scso deputies who wanted to join not just be in both

1 Like

Agree. We need less departments, no more. Just like DOBW got merged with FPS and DHS with FSP port authority being a division under SCSO makes more sense than having a whole department for it.

4 Likes

also, isn’t this kinda the same situation with like doc or parks service? that’s kinda why it’s secondary

1 Like

disagree; we need to spread personnel out more. scso has too many people to handle presently; giving them more duties would further strain their command

2 Likes

They were given a more general purpose. DOBW used to just be DOT but on the water. It has sense grown to the park service which has a law enforcement branch and statewide jurisdiction over the various parks.

2 Likes

I agree with what silver said, also this is like parks and doc, they both have small jurisdictions to watch over, and port authority would be the same just for their area.

Not only is it more realistic this way but SCSO will not be at ports all the time since they have another jurisdiction to watch over, but the port authority will and it should be their duty to protect the ports

1 Like

this^

agreed

1 Like

going by ur logic we should move doc under scso too

fsp doing checkpoints isn’t a division… that’s apart of their job. lol.

1 Like

While I do think we need to stop opening so many law enforcement agencies, I don’t think it would be a very good idea to have port authority as a division of SCSO. As others have said, it wouldn’t really make sense jurisdiction wise

2 Likes

SCSO is gonna be having a traffic & transit division in V3

1 Like

no!!!

1 Like

No, just no.

1 Like

The most retarded post to ever make it to forums

4 Likes

you obviously haven’t seen confussled’s posts

3 Likes

insubordinate and churlish

(also you haven’t seen your own abysmal political campaigns)

2 Likes

Support against doing this

1 Like

plus fedora has made clear its a dept

1 Like

mischievous and deceitful! chicanerous and deplorable

1 Like

No just no

1 Like