Modify the Secret Service's Duties

I am just writing this to get the opinion of other people on the topic. I respect everyone’s opinion.

As a State Trooper, the idea of the Secret Service being able to assist in pursuits, respond to 911 calls, and perform the duties of a first-responder does not appeal to me at all. As a Trooper I do appreciate SS’s assistance when they do show up to those types of scenes but sadly I see it happen way too much.

I’m not sure, of the exact duties of the SS and if they’re allowed to do it, but if they aren’t, it really looks like they are because I see them do it all the time. I once approached the Secret Service Director about this topic, and he informed me that they weren’t allowed to do it but I just keep seeing it happen more and more. Unfortunately though, I’m not able to take video of it in time. If that was the case though, I would like for the rules of duty to be more enforced.

I find it very unrealistic, as the main duties of a SS Agent should be to provide a protection detail to government officials, and not be performing the duties of let’s say, SCSO.

This mainly goes to other ‘standard’ law-enforcement departments (SCSO, FSP.), but would you agree the SS should not be performing such duties?

2 Likes

Fully agree

2 Likes

they’re gonna have nothing to do lol

5 Likes

3 Likes

To clarify, my agents can do a variety of things when not in uniform using the Tahoe with their fancy badge and tie. We have policies set in place that tell them what they can and can not do. If you have any issues please don’t be scared to contact me directly…

9 Likes

I also find it weird that CG goes to 911 calls aswell because “the waters are empty” ???

2 Likes

CG, alongside any other division in the National Guard, can be called out by on-duty LEOs to assist. Who attends those requests depends on who is on-duty at the time. It could be an Infantryman one day, it could be an MP another day. Obviously, this all depends on the type of call as well.

They shouldn’t be claiming and responding to 911 calls unless it is in their jurisdiction of Greendale or the waters and the docks. That is unless of course they are called out to a specific call or deployed by myself or the governor which then gives them statewide jurisdiction.

5 Likes

I saw a couple of them responding to ATM alarms in Prominence, store robbery in abor (which they arrived within a MINUTE of the alarm ringing). I don’t want them to get them in trouble but like it doesn’t really make sense for them to be at a ATM alarm when we saw no LEO requesting FNG to go to the scene, as the ATM alarm had just rung

3 Likes

If you see this again do let me know in DMs, they legally can’t enforce laws outside of their jurisdiction without being called out or deployed. The names of the people who report are always kept confidential.

4 Likes

I appreciate your response/interest to the issue, but I think there should be a policy in place that states they can’t exit the Promince/Greendale/Hillview area. Just yesterday, a couple minutes before writing this I saw a SS Agent pursuing someone on E15 to Arborfield. I get what you’re saying though, it must be boring just sitting there doing nothing when they’re not providing protection detail.

2 Likes

I think come v3, providing protection detail will be a much more prominent job than that of v2. I presume government officials will be in v3 more than they are in v2. Hopefully by then, SS won’t just be sitting around in Tahoe’s, and will actually be able to do their jobs more often.

3 Likes

By then

2 Likes

As I said, contact me directly if you have any issues. If an agent was pursuing someone for a minor traffic offense or something similar then I will deal with the agent so long as you provide evidence.

4 Likes

Are you mad he caught the suspect quicker than you did

3 Likes

it’s called a callout🤯

2 Likes

i can tell you exactly why ss was chasing them too and it is not a situation any uniformed officers would be able to handle lol

2 Likes

I was on civ team, so no that’s not valid

2 Likes

it isn’t called callout when they weren’t called out, all you like to do is complain & be toxic :clown_face:

2 Likes

better than getting alts into departments :exploding_head::joy::japanese_goblin::clown_face:

2 Likes

still made it further then you have in any department

2 Likes