3 Likes

no

Post must be at least 5 characters

3 Likes

abortion is much better, agreed

3 Likes

I don’t want them under me. I would prefer if the DOD was above them

4 Likes

They’ve already been placed under the Department of Defense, along with the Firestone Bureau of Investigation. No offense to the Firestone Department of Public Safety, but they don’t hold the same level of background checks and security that the Department of Defense is held to.

6 Likes

also in general i don’t really know why DoD is needed, i was just saying it’s better than DPS.

DHS is already a supervisory department that has control over 4 agencies (including IO), no idea why it has to be under another one.

FNG’s highest rank is the governor. it can easily be supervised by the governor. while i know limited information into the operations of DOD, it doesn’t seem like they’ve really done much nor does it seem like they play a huge role into state security

3 Likes

DPS can lick my sack.

3 Likes

this isn’t needed.

3 Likes

Congress was pressured in creating the DoD, because of that, they unfortunately had it pass both chambers and it was subsequently signed by the Governor at the time.

Realistically it shouldn’t exist because its whole purpose is arbitrary, we literally have an FBI in addition to this. People have many other options to toot their own tactical horn within this state as well.

4 Likes

idk why you think regulating which departments in the EB exist and don’t exist is a privilege

its not

realistically a president or governor would do whatever they want through executive order and the legislature would have zero say

3 Likes

Absolutely not.

The second that the Department of Homeland Security is made a subordinate department to DPS, I will tender my resignation.

Also, major conflict of interest, seeing as how the secretary is (or was anyway) in CRT.

3 Likes

As has been said before, DoD is meant to be the ‘DPS’ for DHS and FNG. However I feel this has now come about because there is no active way to see DoD investigations into reports, now this could either be from lack of reporting, lack of issues to report (but based on this entire thread I’d say this is close to mute), or because there is a lack of transparency.

There is the issue of their jobs being close to classified materials, that is true, but there is a way around this. The USAF uses a method for crash investigations (this seems weird but hold on) where 1 report will be maintained internally and used for training/disciplinary actions regarding specific members with all the information that can be given put in. But they also have a secondary report released to the public as a way to inform the public there have been actions taken, devolving into the event and what occurred and what has been implemented since. This same logic can be applied, where an investigation will have 2 reports, one to go and stay within the department/DoD archives, and one released to the public to say DoD is doing their job.

I say this as someone who has yet to see DoD release a report, or even comment on possibly ongoing reports. They may claim they are all classified, which in some cases is true, but as I have stated there is a way around this to ensure the public knows what is happening.

DHS and FNG have their DoD to look at their actions, DPS as a system is wholly devoted to proper state/county departments, as such there shouldn’t be reason to put them under DPS. However I propose that DoD look into the concept I’ve mentioned.

3 Likes

Absolutely NOT.

I would quit rather than see this come into effect.

6 Likes

I will most definitely take your concept into consideration. You made some great points in your statement, and I believe those can be applied into future investigations.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like