Make rushing people during hostage situations, bank robberies, etc FRP

If you shoot the hostage, yes. Don’t negotiate with terrorists.

2 Likes

If rushing criminals during a bank robbery, hostage situation, or similar event is to be fail roleplay, a number of factors need to be considered. As much as I can think of right now, those factors are:

1. If a robber or group of robbers have no hostages to require a negotiation for, tactical units can and will rush you as soon as possible as there is no factor preventing them from doing such. You will more than likely be flashed or gassed and then detained or taken down (shot), dependent on how you react, quickly, to ensure that you aren’t able to devise a plan of escape and so that you don’t get off with bank robbery.

2. If a robber or group of robbers have hostages, at that point a negotiation is required. This is because there are more factors, specifically some poor, frightened civilians to account for. It’s just a plain good idea to negotiate and carry out all the joys with it because, instead of complaining “there’s nothing to do”, you can spend time roleplaying that out during the scene and ensuring the safety of as many of the hostages as possible, instead of panicking the hostage taker into shooting them all, because if you flash or gas them and rush in, you’re more than likely going to get everyone killed in the long run anyhow. Just play it out, see where it goes and improvise from there. Criminals will carry on playing v2 if we engage with them to further on the fun, not to suck out every last bit of it and go on a cuffing spree.

3. If a robber/hostage taker is failing to roleplay with the tactical units themselves, the negotiating is going to go nowhere. At this point, rushing in seems to be the only viable option because the robber/hostage taker is failing to comply with the attempted roleplay and is making such roleplay impossible to commit to. When I say “failing to roleplay”, I mean that they’re just stood inside firing their weapon off like they think they’re in a movie, pretending to be one of those trigger happy main characters that seems to have unlimited ammo, or are just breaking the general roleplay guidelines, etc.

4. I almost forgot this one. If you are going to pretend to have “hostages” that aren’t actually hostages and you all try to run out at the same time, expect to be rushed. That trash is simply just irritating for everyone and tactical units won’t wait for you to do it if they know who does it and can see it’s about to happen. Don’t get annoyed when you’re flashed or gassed if you’re part of that group of individuals.

Those are what I can think of right now, and they are how I think it should work. Agree or disagree. I have stated my opinion and if it wasn’t clear, I am for this becoming a rule. It just needs a good set of guidelines to work properly and fairly for all sides.

11 Likes

I totally agree with all these factors and I think these would be great rules to follow and as you said actually rping will make the good criminals stay in V2.

I think this should be a solution to our problems. Thank you dan.

1 Like

support

1 Like

If the factors that @DELTAFOX91 suggested are the ones we use to determine the validity of the situation RP wise I’m down.

3 Likes

Mhm…

I agree, it should be FRP

1 Like

Thank you.

As an LEO, I’m happy criminals like you still take the time to bring up and debate issues. I believe we both want a striving community. So thank you.

I agree. Though if we roleplay, criminals need to as well. That’s my thoughts.

the only time we gas/flash/smoke and rush in, is when we know the hostage is in on it. maybe just maybe, stop having your friends be hostages and maybe we’ll take you more seriously.

on that same note, you often have your friends shoot us in the back when we don’t cuff them because they’re “hostages”

2 Likes

I agree with this as well, sometimes it’s blatantly obvious that the hostage is in on it. We don’t negotiate if that’s the case. At that point we see you as 3 robbers and not 2 takers and 1 hostage.

2 Likes

Just wondering,

You know sometimes in hostages sits, they could be fake hostages and being armed? But I understand what you mean.

if you 100% know its fake then sure you can gas and not proceed to rp as its fake.

I am a CRT agent, and let me tell you - there is a reason why we do this, I already said that before in my post here A cop rant

Most hostage situations are badly set up, so that we dont even really have to negotiate, you cant just run inside and shoot the taker. A lot of the hostage situations are done with fake hostages, so takers are afraid of shooting their friend and so on or we just dont care about their death. In CRT we tend to set up hard hostage situations, where if you try to rush the hostage will just be instantly killed by the taker, but in V2 most of these hostage situations are either fake, badly set up or both. Obviously we wont rush if that will kill the hostage and we will try to negotiate, but we will rush if that will kill the taker instead, since hostages are top priority. And again, what’s the point of negotiating, if the hostages are fake?

I don’t think this should be FRP, since rushing hostage situations and getting the hostage killed is already punishable by respective department or agency command, making it punishable by game mods would be even worse in that case, not better.

That’s the reason why rushing happens most of the time, duh.

this is excactly why everyone including hostages is into cuffs until we can verify they are actually hostages.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like