Make Firestone Fun Again for All!

Petition addressed to the founders of Firestone and all citizens and LEOS,

Hello everyone, some of you may remember me. I’m the guy from the start of V1 was causing crime and became well known to law enforcement and everything but now I’m here to talk about making this community fun again for everyone. I recently came back from a ‘leave of absence’ I guess you could call it and finished up 24 hours of jail time. When I got out and got into the swing of things again an incident occurred and I was accused of fail role play. I then learned that a new policy was put into place making my actions fail role play. Words were thrown between me and the arresting officers, I regret those words and I’m sure they do too, but they show the increasing problem in Firestone today. This is why I’m starting the petition Make Firestone fun Again.

What do I mean by “fun again?” Well recently new policies have been in place by the Firestone founders regarding fail role play. With each policy they tighten down what citizens can role play out with Firestone. These policies were put out into play without ANY requested feedback from the community before they were enforced. I understand that Fedora and the founders want the best for this community and they thing what they are doing is right, but I also believe that every community should communicate with its members about proposed rules and actions, weather it be through polls, Q&As or just talking with members in general. I too want the best for this community as I have been with it from the start and have made some great friends, some new and some who have gone. Even though there is a kind of dissent between those doing crimes, and LEOs as I will get into soon I promise those role playing things out with you want the best for everyone.

The underlying cause of these restrictions and rules put against criminals I believe is a gap in understanding between criminals and LEOs. I recently became involved in a GTAV role play community, and one of the biggest things that suppressed me was the bond between the civilians and the law enforcement departments. When not ingame we were often in the general voice together laughing and playing outside games. Very rarely do I see LEOs mixing with the criminals/civs in our discord as it just isn’t how this community was founded. Am I saying we should change our entire ways to resemble a GTAV community? No that just doesn’t make sense. What this paragraph is for is to try to get the founders and law enforcement to reach out to civilians and make new friends and talk with them. Knowing each other a little bit more will make playing the game and role playing much more fun because no one is gonna try and cheat when everyone is in the fun together and they realize that its not all about “getting the arrest” but having fun and having legitimate role play together.

So I did tons of talking about criminal stuff right? These has also been problems within LEO agencies and departments as well. I’m not a LEO so all I put here is things I’ve heard from friends. The main issue I believe is that the departments are just getting so big. With large departments come difficulties managing all the officers. I think that patrol units should be smaller meaning selecting more sergeants carefully and assigning them less officers. Also departments in the past have got into mini “wars” and I believe that ties back into the above about talking and getting to know each other. Everyone gets along so much better when we talk instead of argue.

With the end of this long long post I thank you all for reading and hope some of you agree! The aim of this petition is to prevent more policies that restrict role play being put in place without the community’s agreement. Here’s what we ask of the founders
-Put yourselves out for communication more often with the community.
-When considering any rule let the community take a survey or hold a meeting about it.
-Make an OFFICIAL rules guide for all civilians to obey so there is NO QUESTION about any FRP rules that are in effect. Possibly even put this in game somewhere. (A lot of things are left out on the FRP guide right now)
-Understand that criminals like me and all those role playing are

But most importantly here’s what I ask of all of YOU, regardless of if you sign or not:
-To LEOs, invite criminals who are an active part of the community to game nights and try to talk more to them and get to see there not here to mess with you but to have fun and roleplay just like you!
-To other criminals, do the same as the above maybe put yourselves in the Firestone Civilians channel while in gave if you can and see if LEOs will join to talk.

If you sign please just leave your name and post any positions if you have them! Thanks!

8 Likes

NolanW0J02005

3 Likes

I respect the fact you took time to address this, however all the current roleplay policies are put in place based on previous issues that were called for change. All the current policies are for the best.

3 Likes

I respect your opinion but the number one reason I am doing this is because the policies were put in place with out any input from the community. I believe that is needed for everyone to agree.

1 Like

I really love that you took time to write this. It’s nice to see a criminal reaching out to try to make the community better.
But that’s the thing. For criminals, it’s personal. No criminal has ever really reached out to me and actually communicated with me besides maybe Philip and some old SWAT turned criminal friends. Times have changed, even since I became an LEO.
Maybe LEOs and Criminals will see this and things will change.

2 Likes

I largely support this.

This is a large amount of problems within the state this being one of them.

There is a large amount of a negative face put on criminals causing there to be little to no interactions. A lot of criminals have chosen the criminal path due to the fact that they dont want to go through POST etc. This dosent make them any different. Everyone contributes to the roleplay, and without criminals then there wouldn’t be any RP. You would literally just have SCSO running over lieutenant governors because they are so bored (oh wait they already do that nvm). There needs to be a better connections between everyone within this community.

1 Like

rt, from personal experience I have criminal friends. Some LEOs will go out of their way to be toxic towards you and try to blame you for stuff you were not involved in whatsoever just for having them.

8 Likes

To start, we should stop labeling them as “criminals” and believing we should be completely apart.

They’re players. LEO’s are players. No need for the division.

7 Likes

I have said this before
if firestone was just a group where you can switch between being a criminal/leo/dot/ff/citizen, whatever, and have different personas like gtav communities, it would run so much better…

luckily for me, when I was in SCSO, I was a higher ranking staff member, and directed a division, so vehicle restrictions didnt effect me, but I know speaking to some of my staff, little things like making a slicktop sgt+ is both unrealistic, and makes deputies/officers not as happy…in real life, you would never see a vehicle restriction that says only captains+ can drive unmarks…(unless the car says “supervisor” or “sergeant, lieutenant” …in real life, officers use unmarks more then administration, who are usually just in meetings…in ocrp(gtav community) you can just roleplay as whatever department you want, drive whatever car you want, and it works better then most other rpg/communites

3 Likes

Most people call criminals toxic but the funny thing is that LEOs are toxic just as criminals. My friend who was a LEO would always say “Gotcha Philip” or “Don’t drop the soap in DoC” when he was arresting me which I’m totally fine with. One day I had a AK on me and I killed him 2 times in a row. I thought it would be fun to tell him “HAHAHA GOTCHA BACK” so I DMed him that. Later he was pissed of about that and that changed our friendship completely. I also remember I sued a LEO in FSP for a false citation then that LEOs brother who was good friend mine started to call me “moron” then I took it as a joke but I noticed me sueing his brother actually changed our friendship. Then I requested a DPS investigation on a SCSO and he started to be really toxic around me.

3 Likes

As a former LEO myself, I can confirm that LEO’s will just go out of there way to be as toxic as possible to known criminals…

Of course I wasn’t like that…Duh

3 Likes

i may or may not have just ignored kora when she had a warrant when i was a cop

cause repeatedly being arrested while having warrants is retarded, it should be once they’re arrested the warrant is gone

firestone always has, and unfortunately always will be unfairly against criminals even though they’re whats enabling this cops vs robbers game to go on

3 Likes

just so you know 70% of these “policies” are feds wonderful work

2 Likes

pretty sure envelope made up the vast majority of the rules
obviously with feds approval of them all tho

2 Likes

I mean I think it’s stupid how if someone is arrested for 15 minutes and they have a warrant we have to KEEP arresting them. Shouldn’t it be like they get in jail for an hour with a warrant? That would be a LOT more fitting tbh. Shrug

2 Likes

No law says you have to arrest them 15 mins for warrants that totally up to the officer who is arresting you. but ofc LEOs take their job oath seriously and forget that you’re all gamers and not actual criminals and LEOs

2 Likes

Not just that Kora and pink get warrants for 2 months for one reason “ASSISTING IN A CRIMINAL ACT”

2 Likes

The act they assisted was SDM and Domestic Terror

2 Likes

understandable

2 Likes

I agree, there is really no limits to the toxicity in this game. As a criminal, I’ve been told numerous times people don’t like me and wish I would quit just because I’m a criminal. At that point it’s just like “fuck man, then why am I even here in the first place?” It’s just a big cycle - LEO’s are toxic then criminals would be toxic back. I admit I would be toxic too sometimes. If we really wanted to strive as a community, we would’ve had this discussion a long time ago. It’s just that nowadays in firestone, LEO’s and criminals are more distant than ever before. It’s only those who reach out that get to be friends with LEO’s, which I find pretty sad.

2 Likes