Make Case Submission Center Citizen-Only

The courts are getting overwhelmed with troll or incomplete submissions via the Case Submission Center. Please either make it locked to citizens only or make it less conspicuous/more hidden from the main Stapleton County Hub.

90 Likes

over a period of like 5 days : (

5 Likes

Please refrain from responding with support, rather use the like button to show your support.

3 Likes

I disagree while it may combat spam, it does lock up folks and prevents them from seeking recourse in the judiciary if they are a noncitizen.

Granted they can DM a judge to file something but no one knows to do that.

1 Like

The citizenship exam is literally multiple choice, which I understand may be difficult from your perspective, but the people who actually have legitimate matters to file should be prioritized over protecting some speculation that people won’t be able to raise claims

5 Likes

The difficulty doesn’t matter it’s the fact that by restricting it you close off the justice system - or could to non citizens.

Thus, how can we truly have justice if it’s only for the few?

This is the last I’ll post on this but that’s my opinion.

1 Like

36,000 people. “the few”

2 Likes

Chris -

If you REALLY wanna be that guy I’ll be that guy too

Preventing judges from handling properly filed cases(by overloading and distracting them) you deprive those with legitimate legal cause from recieving speedy trials

11 Likes

“All citizens have the right to file for a civil court case, though any judge can dismiss any case that does not provide valid evidence, is unjust, or is not a valid case for the courts.” (Trello)

Not tourist, only citizens have this right.

8 Likes

the few?

It literally takes a 10 second common sense quiz to become a citizen.

seeing as it would reduce the amount of troll cases, its completely worth it to disallow noncitizens from filing cases

4 Likes

This is true, but I would like to note that tourists still have the right to appeal warrants (which are sometimes issued against tourists). But I’m not even sure a tourist could find their way to the Courts Discord server to argue their case anyway.

2 Likes

I mean your not wrong and that is a good point…

It’s just a balancing act.

1 Like

No offense… but for Roblox… if you can’t pass our citizenship test, a judge shouldn’t have to waste 10+ hours of their life on you. If it’s REALLY that important, a tourist would take the test to submit their case or do something via Discord.

5 Likes

Noncitizens can easily file a case by DM’ing or Roblox messaging a judge (who you can literally search via the Firestone group). The submission center is merely a privilege.

8 Likes

if noncitizens had a right to use the submission center then everyone blacklisted from the submission center would also have the right

which is stupid and blatantly untrue

no law recognises the submission center or any other medium for case filings (such as the google form that was erstwhile used when the submission center BROKE) – so removing noncitizens from it is REALLY not depriving them of any recognised right

cough @1superchris2

1 Like

guys im killing myself

2 Likes

Please do not, there is help available. 800-273-8255

6 Likes

Thanks chris for undermining a valid suggestion and now causing the devs to refrain from changing it

Well done

3 Likes

the suggestion has been up for less than a week whats made you think its been declined lol

1 Like

I’ve been asking for some form of fix for the past 2 months now

2 Likes