LTAA/RTAA timer

the RTAA timer when added for like the day it was in-game was beneficial and helpful, should be fixed/added back

something like an LTAA timer would also be useful. it exists in some games, could look something like this

unknown

useful for loggers who leave game uncuffed

9 Likes

support. this would help with the LTAA problem in FS

scrib your still homo for emote
lesbian

5 Likes

envelope already made this, forgot what happened to it. might wanna inquire with him.

5 Likes

yassss i support queen

4 Likes

what if someone is driving

3 Likes

same thing

3 Likes

it would delete their car, but they would be standing on the road (possibly flashing a light if nearby?)

5 Likes

I believe Envelope already pushed something for resetting, not sure about leaving. Plus, you cannot control if the user stays in-game or not, ultmately, regardless of what punishment you issue. You can only control whether or not they can reset, and the timer of which they can reset.

might be wrong, idk

3 Likes

the picture scrib has posted is not the game forcing the user to stay in game,
it’s a clone of the user after he has left.
while it’s true that devs can’t force someone to stay in game, they can still collect all the data required to create such a clone

4 Likes

that’s true, but after like 2 years of issues with LTAA, they still haven’t done this

4 Likes

THIS IS STILL A GOOD IDEA!!!

7 Likes

mango man agrees

9 Likes

Yes support, keeps both LEO and criminals in check fairly IMO, LEO can’t scream LTAA if it isn’t now and deters if not disabled LTAA

4 Likes

Frankly, I’ve never seen this thread… and it’s actually a pretty good idea. However, some complications arise with this.

If all players’ clones were made everytime they left, this gives LEOs the opportunity to make a false arrest without the end user knowing. The user wouldn’t know about the arrest until they rejoin the game, then trying to take it to court. When taking it to court, they have no concrete evidence of such resulting in their record being ruined (granted they were legal).

In v3, when you die, you are ragdolled with a timer. The cop can extend your respawn timer to deal with your dead body, which can include SCFD reviving you or thereof. Again, the LTAA system you proposed would have the same issues as mentioned above.

9 Likes

Well this can technically happen to anyone by any law enforcement officer but I see the issue. Although I don’t think LEOs would really be this corrupt.

4 Likes

That’s the approach I took originally and now look, everyone is telling me to make it a game mechanic instead of using the FRP guide. /shrug

7 Likes

Clones would be frozen, no animations, etc. Duplicate of character, can probably be made where with the cuffs, you couldn’t grab a clone duplicated humanoid party? More or less, just a grey character maybe with their name nonetheless, rather than a whole copy of the individual, of clothing and what not.

Though - having clothing and hats are nice, a clone which is grey, a face, and maybe “greyed hats” and what not would be just as efficient with a name appearing above their head, statue like. Simple model of a character w/o humanoid really could probably work? Just bricks, mesh hats yes, and the model name displaying as their roblox username.

This would make it where LEOs know its a clone, or when duplicated a CLONE tag appears above as well maybe.

Ideas, not really a scripter more of a builder so.

Maybe @Lidels can comment.

3 Likes

Um what. You didn’t get anything I said. Making the system isn’t difficult, its the concern of abuse.

7 Likes

I believe the simple solution here is to make sure the officers in FS aren’t garbage. I guess I’m just built different??? :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yes and to combat abuse make it where its a grey roblox character just with the individuals name, without the “humanoid” part, or what not.

As then it shouldn’t be able to be detected by cuffs.

4 Likes