LTAA Criminal Charges

Recently @anon54114525 released the following statement:

Honestly, I think this should be treated as the charge of evasion and expunged as such. What do you guys think? What should be an appropriate expungement process?

4 Likes

While that is very understandable, I think it should be on your public record that you broke game rules by LTAA’ing, but it can still be expunged as a normal record.

4 Likes

Yeah, the question is what charge do we treat it as? Is this a felony? Is this a misdemeanor? Stuff like that. Aka does it take 30 days to expunge or 60?

4 Likes

Separate “moderation” charge.

There is nothing about LTAAing that is fundamentally valid roleplay and it should be treated as such.

It should be like probation in the Firestone discord. Doesn’t get removed unless a co-founder signs off.

6 Likes

So should departments use this against applicants?

5 Likes

It’d give an incentive for someone not to do it, so why not?

Or, you can perhaps open up a board which has hearings for people looking to appeal it.

Like our court system, but it’s not really an expungement. Just a board which hears the reasoning, and votes on whether the record should be removed.

5 Likes

The courts probably won’t recognize an invalid charge for expungement. If this is a moderation charge, then why is it a matter of the courts? Let it be subject to the regular appeals process or legislate it. Whatever the Founders want.

5 Likes

If you get your ban appealed, then I am assuming the founders will remove your charge as well. I do not think that departments should prohibit people from joining their department for this reason if they have changed from a criminal background and have their record expunged.

5 Likes

It’s already illegal so yes it can be expunged thru courts… I don’t feel like typing it all out rn but that’s where it stands legally…

@zpilotplane @thekerbal @Stamose @Fairfull

4 Likes

What is ‘illegal’?

3 Likes

Mayflower doesn’t have nearly the amount of fail roleplayers as Firestone does BECAUSE they hold moderation history against you if you apply to a department. I fail to see how Firestone should be any different.

5 Likes

I don’t think the Founders want to. I never directly said Judges, I compared it to the courts.

All it would be is a board of entrusted, long serving individuals in the community who vote.

Like “Firestone Moderation Appeals Board” or something. FMAB.

4 Likes

?? or just the already existing Firestone Game Moderators who already vote on appeals on moderation action?

not sure what the problem here is, let moderation issues be resolved by the moderators

5 Likes

For expungement purposes, this is the current legal outlook on LTAA:

• LTAA is a crime defined by the FRP law.
  • It is not established as a misdemeanor or a felony, meaning that for the purposes of expungement, it should legally be treated as a misdemeanor.
  • There is no set minimum or maximum jail time for the offense. (EDIT: LTAA does actually have a 900 second arrest time currently).

Due to the ambiguous nature of the current way in which LTAA is legally outlined, the best way for us to comply with this game moderation decision would be for Congress to nullify the existing LTAA charge and replace it with a new one amended into the Criminal Code, where it should then be assigned a class and a set jail time of 900 seconds.

6 Likes

All FRP crimes do in fact have a set time limit of 900 seconds per A Bill to Define FRP Arrest Time.

I do agree that it’s probably better to redo the FRP law, though.

6 Likes

Good catch

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes