Loopholes

Congress, the House, and the Gov need to review legislation and find all the loopholes in them before they publish/vote/sign them. The laws should be clearly written and not have giant gaps that the court has to fill in.

1 Like

Firestone used to have a Judicial Review Committee for Legislation, however it was removed because it was unconstitutional.

Its ROBLOX, legislation on here is always gonna be poorly written unless people put extreme effort into it… And we used to have a few people that did do that, with a similar format to the one used in irl congress. However, these people fell out of favor due to their elaborate bills that made it complicated to understand. Ex: "Senatorial Accountability Act of 2018"

Personally, I prefer that complex style of legislative writing for longer bills that need to be more detailed and elaborate. However, for simpler quick things, the classic format has served us good enough.

3 Likes

One part of me feels this thread is unnecessary because it is just blatantly obvious.

I concur nonetheless, both Congress and legal practitioners are trying to get rid of these undermined loopholes for the betterment of the state and ensuring careers are not put at stake.

However, it is quite hard to do such. While being very explanatory within legislation is good, there is a limit on how ‘in-depth’ you can go. Being super, overly specific could cause the legislation to lose its effectiveness, only affecting very minor specific areas as prescribed by the legislation itself. Being too vague is detrimental, being the main source of loopholes. Us lawmakers have to hit a firm, desirable line between these two areas.

4 Likes

cant prevent everyloophole

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes