Let's fix firestone

Alright so before I start, I think we can all agree that Firestone is in the shit in terms of exploiters and FRP. How can we go about fixing this then? A solution may be much simpler than most think, especially when you look at other ro-states for inspiration.

The problem
Firstly, there is no filter for joining the group at all. I mean, I could easily join the group with a one day old bacon hair account with the name “fjhnsgfdh”. It’s pretty pathetic nothing has been done about this either. And don’t say “fed’s already tried group locking the game but it didnt work!1!”. I don’t think fed realises that solely group locking the game won’t fix the problem. Yes, group locking the game is part of the solution but will not work without the conjunction of the other pieces of the puzzle.

Next up is exploiters. If you’ve played Firestone for a maximum of ten minutes you’ve definitely encountered an exploiter, whether that’d be someone cloning tools and throwing teargas and smoke grenades around the map, going mach 10 with their invisible torso flinging everything within a 100 stud radius or straight up crashing the server. Exploiters are everywhere, even with paid access being a thing. Don’t ask me why they buy access to the game to exploit, they just do. The problem here still exists because again, of a lack of a decent filtering system/whitelist system being put in place. V2 being placed under paid access is just another show and tell of how fed thinks that enforcing one piece of the solution will fix the entire problem. You can have the game group locked and tucked behind a paywall as long as you want but exploiters and frpers will still exist if no system to filter out alts and noobs is put in place correctly.

Here I can already see a lot of backlash coming up but the next issue that must be addressed is the game moderation system (not particularly the team). Before you even reply saying “omg the game moderators work their asses off they don’t deserve disrespect!”. Let me just stop you. I completely respect how much time the game moderators put into dealing with exploiters and enforcing the clumsy mess of an FRP guide we, for some reason, have. The game moderation team, in my opinion, hasn’t nearly enough tools to do their job to the fullest of potential. Sure they get the basics but they need more ways to view different logs, one example being chatlogs for filter bypassers. Locallogs isn’t reliable either to view exploits as more and more exploits nowadays are becoming undetectable which just leaves the track and view command to be able to spot them if they are flying around the map. Bear in mind as well that not all exploiters fly around the map, some are there to crash the server, some others are there to clone tools into their backpack, others are there to do god knows what else. Also, what happened to game mods being able to ban and kick people in V2 from discord? That was honestly one of the best things ever as if a game mod was lying in bed or wasn’t near their computer they didn’t have to log onto roblox to join the game and ban them, they could just quickly hop onto discord and perform the command from there. I don’t know the reasoning behind as to why this amazing feature was removed but from my viewpoint it was completely unnecessary as it greatly benefited everyone.

The solution
Right so, so far I’ve just been listing the problems that Firestone has. So now that we’re all caught up with the reality of the community, this is where we, as a community will push for a lot of positive change to happen. Unlikely any changes will be made after this topic is published as I can already see people just bitching about stuff in the posts below instead of writing up any constructive criticism about my ideas or Firestone but you don’t get anywhere by doing nothing, I might as well try to make some half decent suggestions that clearly haven’t been put in place yet.

First things first. Let’s get a solid filter going for newcomers to the group. This will be done by combining multiple aspects together to make Firestone much more difficult to enter, ultimately getting rid of exploiters and inexperienced roleplayers.

The game must be grouplocked.
All accounts with free catalog items (bacon hairs, noobs) must be instantly declined from entering the group as they are the most likely to be exploiters and frpers.
Accounts must be at least 365 days old, this will weed out brand new accounts that are there to just exploit and frp. Right now the age limit is 30 days I’m pretty sure. That’s absolutely nothing and must be changed
Tourists should not be allowed to join V2. Alongside this, really amp up the citizenship test to make it much more difficult. Currently it’s just questions anyone can answer like “What side of the road do you drive on”. If this point is implemented there will also be no need to remove all tourists from the group to get rid of the noobs and alts as they can’t join the game until they pass the beefed up citizenship test.
V2 and V3 staying in paid access is debatable if the above requirements are put in place, leave suggestions about this one down below.

I also understand that ROBLOX is a kids game but this community is designed for people 14+, not for 6 year old kids that rarely type in chat and the only thing they can say is “noob” and “how b cop” and then proceed to drive in their crown vic at gear 1 down redwood boulevard because they don’t know the controls.

Another thing that could be implemented is an immigration office which will remove a lot of the load off of the founders for performing the rigorous checklist for every account that sends a join request to the group. If you couldn’t figure it out already, the immigration office will be in charge of working through all the accounts that send a join request to the group. This department would be a huge team which, I can assume, will be overseen by the founders to ensure no scandalous acts are being performed behind their backs. Again leave any suggestions for a possible immigration office down below and how it could function as this will be a big deal if implemented.

For dealing with exploiters, there’s a lot that can be worked on. I know V2 won’t be updated to accommodate new game mechanics hence why I haven’t left any major game development suggestions here but game moderators should be given more commands and the ability to ban and kick over discord. Hiring more game moderators from different timezones would definitely help as well since there’ll be more people able to do their jobs across a multitude of different timezones. I know env also said something about being worried that game moderators will abuse their powers if given more commands but surely you trust your own handpicked team of game mods right? You shouldn’t have this concern if you really trust your own guys.

Lastly, I would also like to point out that just because this problem exists in V2, doesn’t mean it will just go away when V3 is released, just saying this since I have seen a few people think this is the case. The community is still the same, it’s just a different game with the same people with the same intentions. I do hope that V3 will have far better game mechanics as well since the FRP guide is one of the most stupid things to ever exist. It honestly shouldn’t be a thing if the game was made well. It’s caused so many unfair bans and been the crux of a lot of toxicity and I cannot wait for it to be removed from Firestone if V3 delivers.

Thanks for reading this post, please leave your suggestions down below on what we can do to fix Firestone if you have any. Also don’t start bitching about stuff, if you’re gonna do that just get out, I only wanna see constructive criticism here as that is the only way we can fix this state.

20 Likes

preach brother

3 Likes

yes i like this post.

3 Likes

Yessir

2 Likes

Roleplay with young teenagers isn’t going to be good, and that’s just that. If Firestone was an 18+ community, not a cash-grab, and an actual rule-riddled game, then roleplay would be fun. This is simply something that cannot be done with young people.

2 Likes

I already explained what improvement Firestone Moderation system needs in my old post about roleplay here

You can also Env’s response to it which is pretty questionable if I may say so.

Again, mods have to receive more power and tools to do their job in order to be efficient and built-in ingame restrictions should be put in place, so instead of having “mod ban him he cuffed me when i had a gun out!” and situation with buford at the capitol, you can’t even commit the moderation offence in the first place. That’s also one of the reasons why FRP guide is dumb and should not exist - there should be restrictions in the game itself, not some “rules” that people have to abide. I can already see movements towards that however, seeing as we have a car flip timer that stops people from flipping their car in pursuits, but this should be expanded upon. Mods shouldn’t be around to do every single thing, especially in such a big community as Firestone is, ideally they should only be there to resolve conflicts and solve extraordinary situations that the game just cannot restrict.

But not only that, mods should receive appropriate tools to deal with the problems properly. Right now mods basically only prevent FRP around them and ban people who are getting reported to them, which is not only inefficient, but very unrealiable, since anyone can just frame other person and get away with it, there are many examples of that. Why should players be the ones bothering to record the proof, upload it and send to the mod to get the person banned for 3 days? Why it shouldn’t be mods job to track down such cases and investigate them? I think they’d be happy to do so, but they do not have any tools to perform such actions. Hell, there is not even any kind of an ingame report system. I can’t just press some button, send a notification that someone just FRPed to all game mods ingame that gets doubled in Discord incase mods are not on. That would already solve so many problems. Not even talking about expanding upon logs, there is no way for moderators to investigate anything without appropriate logs and tools.

4 Likes

I think it’s the other way around. Teenagers are more rebellious. Firestone had more rp when people were younger (back in v1 and v2 alpha) bowy himself said his gang was amazing because everyone was young and wanted to enforce professionalism until he got older and grew out of it.

2 Likes

Agreed with everything.

2 Likes

Firestone had more RP when the community was relatively small and without shitton of toxic people. That’s why just making the game paid no longer helps to increase the quality and amount of roleplay, there’s just no environment and conditions for it. Saying that the age is at fault is bullshit. I’d still happily roleplay if someone would give me the environment to do that in, but I can’t find it in Firestone, which is why I don’t roleplay (waiting for Env to point at my words and laugh at me again).

4 Likes

The solution to roleplay and exploiting is simple; whitelist the county.

3 Likes

I’ve been saying we need a group lock, and for all citizens to pass a citizenship test. It shouldn’t be as easy as it is now, but a bit more complex so that it can push away everyone who has the IQ of a walnut, and make the community better

2 Likes

but you got let in

<3 i got socks on

2 Likes

Fed needs at least decent anti exploits in v2 to prevent exploiters or if not possible, do so in v3 and have us move there in beta since v2 is slowly becoming unplayable.

2 Likes

I was legit just on a patrol, AND THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, NO CRIME. It was a worthless shift. Firestone might seem active, but oh, trush me, it’s not even close to it. We have FNG, DHS, cops in the server but no calls coming in besides FD calls. Only 1 ATM or Bank call per hour, no crime, the game has become nothing but endorsed for the needs of cops, limiting endorsment for the needs of criminals and driving them away.

Firestone, please, can we not god cops so much? Can we also endorse criminals to raise the activity in the game?

The original power used to be between Cops and Criminals, making every other department and businesses and entity seem useless. That power shifted for a bit a while back, making everyone useful in the community but now, it’s even worse. The boys in blue are more godded than ever, and are getting tired out of their minds.

8 Likes

As a criminal I have no motivation to do crimes. I don’t even have the motivation to get a gun because I know that 5-10 mins after I do a shooting DHS or SWAT will shoot me to death. If I do a hostage sit I know for a fact that cops don’t have motivation to give me money. If I do a bank robbery my pulse will go over the roof (not just me but for every criminal who robs) and bank robberies are hard to coordinate because it’s so small and tight to do something inside the bank and the person robbing can’t go past 30 studs for 4 mins. However, sometimes we get away with it. Recently the storage system broke so we can’t store guns or dirty money. I don’t want to tell that to env because he said he doesn’t have motivation to work on stuff and I don’t want to force someone without motivation to do something they have no interest in because I don’t want them bored. I think I can speak for all criminals rn but crimes without firearms are really boring for us. When we do crimes that includes firearms most of us get called “toxic”.

(Excuse shit grammar on mobile)

9 Likes

FS community constantly wants criminals to go legal.

I’ve been told many times to why I won’t go legal, and I show them why:

In v3, more then 75% of criminals that ive asked want to go legal in V3.
Going legal is a long and tiring process

on the other hand, being criminal is irritating, and you’re always a target. Whenever we get killed, losing thousands of dollars, officers RUSH to spawn to arrest us, giving us 15 minutes + the annoyance of losing 5000.

people might say paid V2 has less FRPers, but it also barely has people and has gone boring.

3 Likes

Alright, let’s stay how we are and keep accepting hundreds of alts that exploiters will use!

2 Likes

Honestly, when I went criminal for that super short amount of time I was bored senseless. Robbing a bank was a chore, it was literally impossible given the unfair advantage that LEO’s have over criminals, and that lead me to go back to legal. The obnoxious price for guns made it absolutely pointless to get one and go around killing people because you’d get an MP5 straight to your face.

I’m going to wait until V3 to see if any new opportunities rise, because trying to hold yourself in a very small bank for many minutes attempting to get cash whilst there’s an endless amount of LEO’s outside is just stupid.

6 Likes

Very understandable.

2 Likes

Much understood.

2 Likes