LEOs Ability to Pop Tires

We all know that it you have light stage 3 enabled, you can pop a car’s tire by hitting it with the ram bar. I haven’t been a LEO for long now, but the following has happened to me a couple times already.

Let’s say you’re in a Code 9 with someone, and you manage to stop them and you’re the primary unit (so you have pattern 3 enabled of course). When you stop them, you just want to get them out, or do a Code 7. The majority of the time, from what I’ve saw, you tend to keep light pattern 3 on, as your priority is to get the suspect out the vehicle. But then if some other random civilian rams your police car whilst your on the suspect, their tires can get popped. And that’s just annoying as you have to call DOT when it’s kinda their fault for ramming you.

So what I’m saying is, the only way you should be able to pop tires is by the LEO actually hitting someone’s tire. Tires shouldn’t pop from someone driving into the ram bar. It would safe a lot of fuss and would just help in general.

If anyone doesn’t know what I mean, I’ll be happy to explain.

2 Likes

no you don’t, just let them be with a popped tire. they shouldn’t be a dumbass in the first place

9 Likes

Well if you’re being nice you do :no_mouth:. If you don’t though, then they could start to argue blaming you etc. Which causes hassle.

2 Likes

Good point

2 Likes

or if the driving vehicle is going under 30-40 SPS, they cannot be popped (afterall, the whole point of the tires popping is to act like “pitting” the vehicle, but ends up having some LEOs abusing the feature and popping stopped vehicle’s tires on purpose thinking “they’re supposed to do that”)

2 Likes

I agree with that. As an LEO, I’ve popped tires accidently, including some who also run into the rambar. The speed limiter would be a great implementation.

3 Likes

The way ROBLOX handles the collision events makes this very hard to implement. The ‘touched’ event (when rambar touches wheel hitbox) will fire, both ways. I’m not sure how the V2 scripters made it work, but that’s my theory on how they designed it.

That aside, there are most likely ways to circumvent the tires popping always, but with the current state of V2 I see no real gain.

~pugiiiiii

3 Likes

If they drive into your car, you do not have to page DOT as that is their fault.

5 Likes

support

3 Likes

Yea, I agree. However the speed limit that was mentioned further up would be good and would work

2 Likes